If you own a fleet business, it will be necessary to monitor your powered and unpowered assets. Using a GPS tracking solution for your assets is the best option you can use. However, for a longer service, make sure the GPS tracker battery-powered. This blog discusses all the benefits of using a battery-powered tracker.
Utilization and Inventory Management
Once your fleet expands in size, the number of manageable assets will also increase. It can be challenging for your managing staff, precisely when they have to manage inventory and track assets. That is where GPS-based tracking software proves beneficial.
With this software, you can get a clear picture of:
- Which assets are being utilized
- The way assets are being utilized
- The location where the assets are being utilized
In addition, GPS tracking also helps people know which assets are optimally productive and which are not. Such transparent visibility will enhance your resource efficiency, thus allowing you to find the perfect solution for your company.
When you have all the data, it can benefit you in the following ways.
- You can sell or repurpose them elsewhere.
- You can improve cost analysis.
- Utilization reports will help you understand how often assets are used in various geographic locations.
- According to your business needs, you can set the frequency of reporting.
If a GPS tracker battery powered, it can provide better security for your assets.
It has been reported that about 1000 commercial equipment pieces are stolen every month, and one stolen object can result in substantial lost opportunity costs, replacement costs, and employee and customer frustration. But when you have GPS tracking, you can prevent assets from getting stolen and locate them after missing.
GPS tracking helps people:
- Know whether an asset is being utilized during unauthorized periods.
- Know whether an asset is being towed or moved.
- Know if someone has taken the asset outside a specified area limit.
If you do not take proper care of the vehicle equipment items, you will need to replace them every 50000 miles. Proper asset maintenance is one of the basic requirements to maintain the profitability and productivity of your fleet. GPS tracking will help you reduce common maintenance issues by knowing about them in advance.
- Using preventive maintenance, you can minimize costly downtime and reduce job stoppage.
- Diagnostic alerts will help you have integrated maintenance management.
- You can make an accurate maintenance schedule based on engine hours.
- You will be able to carry out paperless and verified inspections to ensure every piece of equipment is in perfect condition.
For the best quality, it will be a good idea to check the website of a leading manufacturer. They create GPS trackers battery powered and long-lasting. Check the price and make your choice.