When you have cancer some of the cells in your body start growing and multiplying abnormally and that can spread to other parts of the body. Chemotherapy is one of the procedures that is used to treat many types of cancer. It is a drug treatment where powerful chemicals are used to kill fast-growing cells in the body.
If you have cancer and the doctor recommends this procedure you need to find a good hospital that provides the best chemotherapy in Siliguri to get a successful treatment. It is most commonly used to treat cancer as the cancer cells can grow and multiply much more rapidly than most cells in the body.
Chemotherapy stops the cancer cells from reproducing and prevents them from growing and spreading to other parts of the body. It is used when cancer has spread or when there’s a risk of it spreading. Chemotherapy can be recommended to you for the reasons given below:
- To cure cancer without using other treatments chemotherapy can be used as the primary or sole treatment of cancer.
- It can be used to kill the hidden cancer cells that can remain after other treatments.
- It can be used to shrink a tumor so that the other treatments might work.
- To ease signs and symptoms chemotherapy can help relieve some symptoms of cancer by killing a few cancer cells.
Chemotherapy may also be used during the following conditions:
- To increase the effectiveness of other treatments like it can be combined with radiotherapy or used before surgery
- To reduce the risk of cancer coming back after treatments
- To completely cure or relieve symptoms
You need chemotherapy only if you have a type of cancer growing in your body. Some of the common symptoms of cancer you need to look out for are as follows:
- Bladder changes that include trouble urinating, pain, or blood during urination
- Bleeding or bruising without any specific reason
- Problems with eating including pain after eating, belly pain, appetite changes, nausea and vomiting, and trouble swallowing
- Severe fatigue
- Severe Cough that does not go away
- Neurological problems including headaches, seizures, vision changes, hearing changes
- Skin changes like yellowing of the skin, sore that does not heal, a flesh-colored lump that bleeds or turns scaly
- Fever or night sweats
If you have any of these symptoms for an abnormal amount of time then you need to immediately visit a good doctor for a diagnosis of your body. If you are diagnosed with cancer then you should choose a hospital with good chemotherapy in Siliguri to get the best treatment and the best results.