Are you feel like your kitchen is outdated? Are you looking to update your kitchen and give it an updated look? It is time to renovate your kitchen.read about how do you remove kitchen cabinets.
A kitchen renovation can improve the space’s aesthetics, functionality, and vibe. To create a completely new kitchen design, you can take out the old parts and add new features such as countertops and cabinets. You will need to first make your kitchen blank.
If you have the skill and knowledge of carpentry, DIY can be done to remodel your kitchen. Professionals recommend that you have your kitchen remodelled or renovate by professional because of the amount of work require and the level to which perfection is attained. Instead, you can save time and money by hiring professionals to do the job.You can also visit a carpenter in dubai.
Kitchen renovation can be a tedious and time-consuming process. However, it is not impossible to do. The removal of kitchen cabinets is one such task. This post will help you navigate the entire process of cabinet removal safely.
Preparation of the kitchen cabinets for removal
Kitchen cabinets are only a temporary purchase for homeowners. It can be difficult to remove the cabinets and install new cabinets. These guidelines will help you safely remove kitchen cabinets. It is mainly carpentry work so it can be messy until the final removal and installation.
Take safety precautions
Safety is a top priority in any manual activity that involves carpentry. Safety precaution must be taken before you begin to remove the kitchen. Only one person should be involve in the removal process. If something happen, they might be hurt.
Preparing a separate area to store the cabinet doors and parts in place will help you keep them organized. This will allow you to organize the pieces and make it easy to use in other projects.
You should not attempt to remove the kitchen cabinets by yourself. For safety and help, you should have a partner. You can remove the bolts and nuts from the cabinet by holding it in one hand. There is a chance of injury if the cabinet falls to the ground if no one is holding it. Wear gloves and a hat for safety.
Take everything out of the cabinets.
First, empty out all the cabinets. You will need to remove all trims and seals from the cabinet doors, as well as small and large items within it. Take out all food, silverware, plates, silverware, utensils, etc.
Be careful to not damage the items during this process. It will be difficult to remove any weights from the cabinets. You will use the item later so make sure they are store in one location.
Protect the countertops and floor with a cover.
Preparing the area is key to removing kitchen cabinets. You can use quality materials such as thick plastic sheets, large sheets, or tarps to cover your entire kitchen floor and countertops. This will protect them against solvent spills and any hard objects (dents).
You can leave the countertops as they are if you plan to remove them. If you intend to reuse the kitchen countertop, make sure to cover it.
It is better to turn off the electricity in your kitchen.
You can have electrical wiring in your kitchen anywhere. This is especially true if you have ambient lighting below the cabinets. You must first remove all wiring from the cabinets to be able to remove them safely and without danger. You should temporarily cut off electricity to the area.
Although there aren’t any such connections for lighting, there is a chance that wires and power outlets could get in the way. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
Remove all trims, molds and seals from the cabinets.
As long as the seal and decorative are not attached, they can be remove easily. You can remove them with a hammer claw and a crowbar. You can usually find trims at the cabinet base or on the wall if you are unable to see them.
These trim and mold can also be remove, making them unusable. You can simply throw them out if they crack or break. To protect your hands against splinters and staples, don’t forget to use gloves
Make sure you have all your tools and equipment on hand.
To achieve the best result, you need the right tools to complete every DIY project. Even if you’re removing kitchen cabinets from your home, you need the right tools.
To begin the process of removing it, you will need a hammer and a saw. A drill, a driver, a screwdriver, wrench, a wrench, utility knives. Gloves, goggles, measuring tape are all essential tools. This will make the job much easier.
Take out the kitchen cabinets safely.
Now, we will begin to disassemble the kitchen cabinets one by one, trying not to make any mess.
Take out the upper cabinets.
Let’s say you have upper and lower cabinets in your kitchen. It is best to remove the upper cabinets first. You might have to remove them first before you can do the work below. You should remove them from the top. Also visit a carpenter in dubai.
Support block should be place under wall cabinets to prevent them from falling. This would prevent the cabinet from sliding or falling if they are remove from their hinge. It is important to remove each part, doors, shelves, drawers and all.
- You must first remove the cabinet doors. To remove the door from the cabinet, locate the hinges. To ensure that the door doesn’t fall on your hands, let someone else hold it while you loosen the screws. You can reuse the same hinges, door and screws to make your cabinet.
- Next, remove the shelves. Once the door is removed, remove all supporting screws from the shelves. It’s easy to lift the shelves and take them out as long as they are not resting on the wall plugs. You can also use drawers to organize the pieces.
- Now, the cabinet will be hollow. Next, remove the screws from the cabinets. Depending on the design of your cabinets, you may have them pre installed or attached later. This should be checked. You will need to remove the pre-installed cabinets from the wall. If they are attached individually, you can remove them from the wall cabinet by removing each piece.
- Once everything is removed from the wall, you can hold it together and lift it up to place it elsewhere. You can do the same with all upper cabinets in your kitchen.
Take out the base or lower cabinets.
Most base cabinets have drawers. They are also built with sink in mind and have countertop above.
- The drawers must be taken out first before you can remove the base cabinets. Once you have empty them, take them out. You can remove any sockets that are preventing them from being released by unfastening the drawers with the appropriate tools. During renovation, you can use them again.
- You will need to remove the sink first, as you’ll be removing the base cabinets. You must not alter the plumbing. Stop the water supply to the kitchen. Unhook the pipes that lead to the sink. Once the sink is unattached, lift it up.
- Base cabinets can be fitted with countertop seating. They must also be removed. There might be some screws holding the countertops to your cabinets. You can remove the countertops by unscrewing them one at a time. Solvents can be used if they are glued to the cabinets.
- Once the cabinets have been removed from their frames, remove all screws and hinges that were holding them together. Once everything is removed, take the cabinets out carefully.
This is how to safely and carefully remove the kitchen cabinet. It is a good idea to leave your refrigerator in its place as it will not be worth the effort. You can hire professionals to help you if you have any problems during the removal process.
Now your kitchen is like a blank canva that can be redesigne or remodel. This guide will help you plan your kitchen remodel.