Tissue boxes are no longer something you just buy from the store and stick in your bathroom. Nowadays, they’re customized in all sorts of ways—bright colors, funky prints, and even animal shapes! While there’s no right or wrong way to personalize your custom tissue box, there are definitely some options that look better than others. Follow this guide on how to customize your tissue box to ensure you don’t end up with something that clashes horribly with the rest of your bathroom.
Step 1 – Gather Materials
Before customizing your tissue box, you will need the following items:
-Tissue box -fabric scraps or paintable fabric (approx. 8×11)
-Scissors -straight pins -craft paper (or painter’s tape) -cardboard or mat board (optional)
-Adhesive velcro dots (optional)
Step 2 – Take Measurements
To customize your tissue box, you’ll need to measure the inside dimensions of the box. That way, when you design the tissue box cover in step 5, it will fit perfectly. Here are some tips on how to measure your custom tissue box:
- Find a ruler and draw two lines on the inside of your tissue boxes lid that are as close as possible to each other but not touching. Use these lines as guidelines for measuring with your ruler and make sure that you measure from edge to edge.
- Take measurements at various angles so that you can account for any variance in shape or size. – Add an inch to all four sides (including the top and bottom) just to be safe.
- The final measurement should be the total height plus twice the width plus 1 inch per side (top + bottom).
- Record this number on paper before starting your tissue box cover project. It will come in handy later!
Step 3 – Cut Out Paper Pieces
Take your custom tissue box and lay it flat on the table. Take one of your sheets of paper and cut out two pieces that are the same shape as the height of the tissue boxes. (This will be your front piece.) Cut out four more pieces that are slightly taller than the height of the tissue box. These will be your side panels. The last sheet you cut should have five strips.
Use scissors to cut each strip into a small rectangle that is half as tall as your custom tissue boxes and make sure they are wide enough so they cover both sides with an inch or so extra on each side.
Step 4 – Glue Paper Pieces Together
- Cut out two pieces of paper of the same size and shape (like cutting out two rectangles). 2. Layer one piece of paper on top of the other, with the right side facing up.
- Put a small line of glue along the edge where the two pieces meet, then fold over one edge and press down gently with your fingers.
- Repeat this process on all four sides, gluing and folding until you have glued together both pieces of paper 5mm from all edges, creating an 8cm square box 6mm high which is open at the top and bottom.
- Allow drying for 10 minutes before using or storing your tissue box in it!
Step 5 – Prepare Box for Decoration
Print the design of your choice on the custom retail boxes. This can be done by using tissue box printing or by painting. Allow the design to dry before proceeding with the next step. If you’ve chosen to paint, let it dry overnight and then seal it with a non-toxic clear sealant, like Mod Podge Gloss Acrylic Sealer.
Once dried, gently peel off any excess paper from the back of your design and place in on top of your tissue box opening so that the image is aligned with the front side of your tissue box. Trim any excess paper from around the outside edge of your tissue box.
Step 6 – Add Ribbon Around the Corners
Once you have your tissue box you can now add the ribbon around the corners. You will want to make sure that there is enough ribbon so that it wraps all around the four corners of the tissue box. Make sure not to cut off too much ribbon when you are wrapping it around and tying it on one side, as this will leave an uneven amount and look sloppy. The most important thing with wrapping is making sure that you tie a really tight knot on the side where you started tying it up so that the rope doesn’t come undone while in use or while being stored away.
Step 7 – Write Out The Details
First, you will need to find an online printing company that has tissue box printing capabilities. Once you have found one, it’s time to upload your design and get started! Choose the size of your tissue box (either standard or jumbo) and then customize it with the colors and prints of your choice.
Add any text you want on the top of the tissue box before finally choosing how many boxes you would like to purchase. Make sure that you are satisfied with everything before submitting your order because once it’s submitted, there is no turning back! Now, all that’s left is waiting for your custom printed tissue boxes to arrive at your doorstep.
It’s time to get creative! With tissue box printing, you have the power to make something that looks more personalized and eye-catching. And if you’re feeling like your design is too complicated, don’t worry! Plenty of templates online will help you figure out what will work best.
When it comes down to it, though, it’s all about what makes you happy. So think about your favorite color or the type of image that might look good in your home or office. The possibilities really are endless! You could even take a stab at designing an entire set of tissue boxes in different shapes and sizes with different designs on them – the sky is the limit!