Applicants for U.S. visas are required to appear in person for a visa interview at the US VISA APPLICATION PROCESS Embassy or Consulate. You must schedule an appointment for that interview, either online using this website or through the call center.
To schedule a nonimmigrant visa appointment, you must have the following information and documents available:
- A passport valid for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the US VISA FAQ (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions. If more than one person is included in your passport, each person desiring a visa must submit an application;
- Your visa application (MRV) fee payment receipt;
- Your DS-160 confirmation page;
- Your e-mail address; and
- If applicable, required documents based on visa class (such as a petition approval for petition-based visas; more information about visa types and information about each can be found here).
- 10-year travel history
- List of siblings and children
Note for Attendants:
Please visit this page ‘Security Regulations’ to check on the security restrictions followed, and also check the policy for attendants to accompany the visa applicant at the Embassy/Consulate.
Restrictions to Changing Appointments
Applicants are limited to the number of times they can reschedule their appointments. Please plan accordingly so that you are not required to pay another visa application fee.
Schedule an appointment
Change your appointment