When the Government of India just started to modify its INDIAN VISA ON ARRIVAL policy it introduced a new Indian Visa (eVisa India) that it called the Electronic Indian Tourist e-Visa on Arrival (eVisa India Tourist) which allowed citizens of a very few countries to apply for the India Visa on Arrival online if they were planning on visiting the country as tourists for the purpose of sightseeing and recreation. But after a complete overhaul of Indian Visa policy the India Visa on Arrival since 2015 has been extended to visitors coming to India for the purposes of business and medical treatment as well on Indian Business e-Visa and Indian Medical e-Visa. This New Indian Visa on Arrival or the Indian e-Visa, as it is otherwise known, can be applied for online, is available to many more countries, and is the easiest and most convenient way to visit India. You can apply for the New Visa on Arrival for India or Indian e-Visa online right here without there being any need to visit your local Indian Embassy to obtain the same.
Indian e-Visa is a completely online process, with payment being made online and receipt of Indian e-Visa received by email.
What Would Make You Eligible for the New India Visa on Arrival or Indian e-Visa?
You would be eligible for the New India Visa on Arrival or Indian e-Visa if:
- You are a citizen of any one of the 180+ countries whose citizens are eligible for the Indian Visa;
- If the purpose of your visit is not work or employment but either”
- Business related, or
- For medical treatment, and
- You are not planning on staying in India for any more than 180 days at a time;
- You will be entering the country only through certain authorized Immigration Check Posts which include 28 airports and 5 seaports.
There are four different kinds of Indian e-Visas or New Visa on Arrival for India, which are Tourist e-Visa, Business e-Visa, Medical e-Visa, and Medical Attendant e-Visa, and you also need to meet the eligibility conditions specific to the kind of Visa among these that you are applying for. Note that you don’t need this Visa if you are just planning on staying at the airport for a layover or transfer.
Requirements for the New India Visa on Arrival or Indian e-Visa:
No matter the kind of New INDIAN VISA APPLICATION ONLINE you are planning, here you can find all the details as provided by the Government of India
- An electronic or scanned copy of the first (biographical) page of the visitor’s passport, which must be the standard Passport, and which must remain valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry into India, otherwise you would need to renew your passport.
- You should also ensure that your Passport has two blank pages, which wouldn’t be seen online, but the border officers at the airport would need the two blank pages to stamp entry/exit on.
- Indian e-Visa Photo Requirements must be complied to.
- A copy of the visitor’s recent passport-style colour photo (only of the face, and it can be taken with a phone)
- A working email address
- A debit card or a credit card for the payment of the Indian e-Visa application fees.
- A return or onward ticket out of India.
- Requirements specific to the kind of Indian e-Visa you are applying for.
Applying for the New India Visa on Arrival or Indian e-Visa:
You should apply for the New Visa on Arrival for India or the Indian e-Visa at least 4-7 days before your flight or date of entry into the country. In most cases, it shouldn’t take more than 4 days for your Visa application to be approved but in some cases it can take up to 7 days. You won’t be getting the New India Visa on Arrival at the airport as there is no paper equivalent for it but will have to apply for it online and pay for it online too. Once your application for the New Visa on Arrival for India or e-Visa has been approved you will get it in soft copy and you would just need to carry that soft copy or a print out of it with you to the airport.
Conclusion for Indian Visa On Arrival
If you meet all Indian Visa on Arrival or Indian e-Visa requirements and meet all the eligibility conditions for the same as well as have the required documents specific to the kind of India Visa on Arrival or Indian e-Visa that you are applying for then you would be able to quite easily apply for the Indian Visa whose Indian e-Visa Application Form is quite simple and straightforward. You shouldn’t find any difficulties in applying and getting the Indian Visa. If, however, you have any more doubts about the procedure and need any help with the same or require any other clarifications you should e-Visa India Help Desk for support and guidance.
If you are coming for and require guidance on documentation, Indian e-Visa Document Requirements covers this in detail
If you are a Cruise Ship passenger and planning to come through the sea route then guidance for Indian Visa Online (e-Visa India) for Cruise Ship passengers is available.