Are you hoping to have long, beautiful hair? You may be surprised to discover that hair extensions can actually aid in hair growth. It may sound like a miracle, but it’s true! Properly done hair extensions can protect your natural hair from damage, resulting in the desired hair length. However, simply growing your hair is not enough to achieve these outcomes. To get the best results, you’ll need to:
- Find a hair extension professional who is knowledgeable about the process
- Regularly perform reapplication procedures
- Use appropriate hair care products
Reasons Why You Can’t Grow Your Natural Hair Long And Healthy?
Long hair is the ultimate dream look for many girls, but it can be challenging to achieve without proper care. While hair typically grows about half an inch a month, there are factors that may prevent natural hair from growing long and healthy. Here are some of the main reasons why you might struggle to grow your hair:
- Excessive chemical treatments such as coloring, lightening, or perming can damage hair, making it brittle and dull. It is important to avoid harsh chemicals and treat hair with care to maintain healthy cuticles and avoid split ends.
- Styling hair while it is still wet can lead to damage. It is essential to pre-dry hair before brushing, combing, or styling to prevent burning or serious damage.
- Washing hair too often can strip away natural oils that nourish hair, leading to brittleness and weakness. It is important to wash hair in moderation to maintain healthy growth.
- Brushing hair too frequently or incorrectly can also cause damage. Brushing hair no more than 2-3 times a day from tips to roots can help protect it from unnecessary damage.
- Overuse of hot styling tools such as blow dryers or curling irons can worsen hair condition and hinder healthy growth. Using medium-to-low temperature settings and avoiding heat-styling can help maintain healthy hair.
- Being too rough on hair through excessive towel-drying, tight hairstyles, or using cotton scrunchies can cause damage. Replacing cotton scrunchies with mulberry silk scrunchies can help maintain hair’s health and promote healthy growth
Do Hair Extensions Help Your Hair Grow?
The topic of hair extensions and their impact on hair growth is often debated. While some people claim that extensions have caused damage to their natural hair, there are ways in which extensions can actually benefit hair growth. Here are some ways in which hair extensions can help:
1) Firstly, curly hair extensions or straight hair extensions provide an extra layer of protection to your natural hair, shielding it from damage that can be caused by harsh styling techniques or environmental factors.
2) Hair extensions can serve as a stylish accessory on their own, eliminating the need for additional styling or treatment.
3) Finally, extensions can be useful when growing out a short haircut. With extensions, you can conceal the awkward growing phase and avoid constant visits to the hairdresser.
How To Make Your Hair Grow With Extensions?
- Choose the Right Type of Extensions
There are different types of hair extensions available, so it’s essential to choose the right type for your hair type and texture. Clip in hair extensions are the easiest to use and can be removed at night, while tape-in extensions are more durable and can last up to six weeks. Sew-in extensions are also an option but require a more extended installation process.
- Select the Right Color
Selecting the right color is essential to ensure your extensions blend seamlessly with your natural hair. You can either choose extensions that match your current kinky curly hair color or opt for a shade that’s a few shades lighter or darker than your natural hair color to create subtle highlights.
- Prepare Your Hair
Before applying the extensions, it’s essential to prepare your hair. Wash and condition your hair, then blow-dry it straight to ensure the extensions blend seamlessly with your natural hair. Use a flat iron to straighten any remaining curls or waves.
- Apply the Extensions
If you’re using clip-in extensions, snap the clips open and attach the extensions to your hair, starting from the bottom and working your way up. For tape-in extensions, apply a thin layer of adhesive to the weft and press it onto your hair, sandwiching a small section of your hair between two wefts. For sew-in extensions, braid your hair and sew the wefts onto the braids.
- Style Your Hair
Once the extensions are applied, you can style your hair into updos such as a ponytail or bun.
- Care for Your Extensions
To ensure your extensions last as long as possible, it’s essential to care for them properly. Use a gentle shampoo and conditioner, avoid using heat tools on the extensions, and brush them regularly to prevent tangles.
Growing out your hair using extensions is an excellent option for those who want to achieve longer hair quickly. By following these steps, you can achieve your desired length and volume, while also ensuring your extensions look natural and blend seamlessly with your natural hair.