Build 3D video games with immersive simulations with open-source software Unreal Engine. It is a great software for building games with complex graphics and high build quality.
Unreal Engine game development is a highly prestigious software because it develops high-quality and high-definition VR-infused games. The unreal engine has exclusive features like a replay system, rendering and graphics, Niagara visual effects, physics simulation, sequencer editor, and many more, making games’ development successful.
With the help of Unreal engine software, numerous 2D and 3D video games have been developed on several platforms, including Play station, iOS, Android, Oculus, Samsung Gear VR, and XBOX one.
Can you come up with some names of games developed by Unreal Engine software? Here are a few names- Player Unknown’s battlegrounds, Spec Ops: The Line, Gears of War 3, etc. All these games are award-winning. Thus, you can easily predict how effective and efficient unreal engine game development is!
Surprisingly, the unreal engine has been upgraded with next-generation technology, i.e., Nanite geometry technology and Lumen illumination technology. Both of these features made the unreal engine software more efficient. The emerging incorporated technologies enable developers to build dynamic games with compelling UX/UI and immersive simulations.
Now, let’s jump to the Unreal Engine game development services offered by some eminent companies developing unreal engine games.
Preeminent Unreal Engine Game Development Services
- Full-Cycle game production
The service involves all development stages, from planning to successful game release, followed by 24/7 support. The team of developers leverage their years of experience in developing the best-class product to rule in the gaming industry.
- Desktop solutions
Developers create photorealistic graphics, consumer-oriented VR experiences, and enterprise-level solutions. The game development using the Unreal engine is supported by all desktop platforms like windows, mac, and Linux.
- Art and animation
The unreal engine brings creativity by utilising the top-notch character and landscape animation tools. The 2d and 3D game artists, concept artists, game animators, environmental artists, and character designers; are all included in designing the best gaming platform using UE4/5.
- Porting to UE4/5
In the list of unreal engine game development services, porting to UE4/5 is the one. All the previous games built on unity or previous versions of the unreal engine can be upgraded to a newer version of the unreal engine. The whole source code is shifted to the latest unreal engine version under seamless integration. Porting to UE4/5 ensures the addition of new features and enhances the game’s efficiency.
- Game testing
No game development is complete until its vigorous testing. Unreal Engine game development also undergoes various testing procedures to ensure that the game runs perfectly without any bugs or flaws. Without testing, the game is not yet ready for getting deployed in the market.
Working process of Unreal Engine game development
A robust working strategy is required to build a highly scalable and immersive game. Many game development companies follow the basic 6-step approach to develop an unreal engine game.
- The first step is to conduct a meeting with all the people involved in the project, including the development firm and the project owner. In this meeting, the project owner discusses their ideas, and the team gathers all the information needed to develop a game and start designing the game.
- The next step is to analyse the type of game. If the game is based on the story, then the player’s entire journey is created, and if it is a multiplayer game, then developers will focus on building features of the game and the framework of the screen.
- Post framework, the actual development phase begins where the Unreal engine will be used. Designers and developers will actively participate here as they develop appealing game designs. In this step, the game will be customised as per the owner’s demands by incorporating various APIs.
- Once the game is developed, it undergoes a series of testing procedures to remove each bug from the game. This is to ensure that the game is free from flaws and is ready for the users.
- After thorough testing the game, the unreal engine game is deployed to the required platforms.
- Most gaming development firms also provide post-deployment services where the game is maintained, and regular updates are incorporated to enhance the game’s efficiency and maintain its fondness among players.
Why is Unreal Engine best for game development?
With Unreal Engine, developers build simple prototypes by incorporating numerous gaming functionality to enhance the value of the game. UE features Blueprint Visual Scripting that does not require writing a code and thus, cuts the development cost.
Perfect For VR
Unreal engine is recognised as the best tool for developing VR games as well as for introducing VR concepts in many other sectors like filmmaking, travel, architecture, etc. This has been made possible because of its commendable cinematographic production quality and photorealism.
Powerful Graphics & Visual Effects
Unreal Engine offers the highest quality graphics, enhanced realistic textures, improved lights or shadows, and the best visual effects in game development. All the games built using unreal engine are AAA rated.
Fast Team Scaling
The uncountable features of unreal engine game development have made it the most popular game development tool among 7.5 million developers in the present scenario.
Do you have any idea of its licensing terms?
Don’t you! Worry not; here are a few licensing options you can select based on your usage.
- Unreal engine license agreement for publishers-
Free use of the open-source software
5% royalty over every commercial use
More profit gains if your lifetime revenue crosses USD 1,000,000
- Unreal engine license agreement for creators-
Free use of the software
No royalty charges on its users
The users can develop creative content for their clients
Whom to hire for your unreal engine game development?
To hire the best team in the market for your aspiring business project, you need to take care of a few things and find whether the organisation you are hiring is worth choosing.
Take a look below:
- Partner with the team with a record of providing on-time project delivery.
- Look for a company that offers transparent communication, removing any chances of mistakes.
- Consult with the company if it has any risk mitigation strategies for varied problems that may occur while developing the game.
- Also, determine whether the firm is opting for any development methodologies like Agile/Scrum to simplify the development process.
- Last but not least, look for the company’s testimonials, Google reviews, Clutch reviews, etc., to ensure the company’s reliability.
All in all, Unreal Engine is a popular tool for building popular games. Customising an unreal engine game is not a herculean task. This blog will help you simplify things and give you a clear vision of how to approach your gaming project.
What are you looking for?
Begin with the unreal engine game development by hiring experts in this field!