Ever since cordless tools came into being, the work atmosphere has changed drastically. It has simplified everyday tasks to a great extent. You can simply buy cordless tools and fix any major or minor issues, be it inserting a nail or cutting wood in exact geometrical pattern for your project.The comfort and ease these tools have brought are phenomenal to say the least. In this article, we’ll shed more light on the cordless tools, their uses, and the distinct advantage it enjoys over traditional cord tools. We’ll also suggest some of the best cordless tools available in the market.
What are cordless tools?
Cordless tools, as the name suggests, are tools without a cord attached to them. These are tools for sale, available in the markets or on e-commerce sites. They are regularly used in the construction and housing sector. These tools are used prominently in household activities and working on projects involving various materials like wood, cement, and ceramic tiles, etc. These projects include activities like drilling a hole into the wall, cutting the plywood to carve a particular shape, or polishing the marble to give it a shiny look.
What gives them an edge over cord tools?
While there’s not a whole lot of difference between cordless and cord connected tools, the former still holds a huge advantage as they can be manoeuvred easily..These tools are primarily battery-operated so they are portable. You can take these tools to the remotest location ever where there’s no power available and still continue work on the site unabated.
Whether you are building a security fence around the campsite or fixing your tents and gazebos, the cordless tools come incredibly handy.
Cord tools on the other hand, have one minor disadvantage: they are connected with a cable. They need a power source to connect and operate,without which they are pretty much useless. Another major disadvantage of these cord-connected tools is the fact that they can be hazardous without proper caution. For instance, there are chances of tripping over the wire if you’re not careful or the chances of short-circuit in case the voltage fluctuates.
What are the applications of cordless tools?
Cordless tools have an exhaustive list of applications in our daily lives. From making the house parameters secure and assembling your workstation to building the tree-house for your kids, the applications extend as far as your imagination.
- Drilling: You can drill holes in the concrete walls or wood to put up nails or screws.
- Cutting: You can cut wood and other materials like ceramic tiles to shape the home furniture and enhance your home decor.
- Polishing: You can polish the floor and wall tiles with the help of these tools
- Smoothening: You can buy cordless tools and even out the wooden and concrete surface anywhere you like.
What are some popular cordless tools for your varied work needs?
Today, you’ll find several cordless tools for sale in the market. However, it’s important to identify the right tools that stand the test of time. These tools have to be selected based on factors like the battery strength and manoeuvrability. Here are some cordless tools that fit these criteria.
- Black and Decker Cordless Drill: This cordless drill consists of 2 batteries with a 20V max battery system. The tool consists of an 11-position clutch and has a cool LED work light to work past daylight hours. The strong LED light source enables you to work in the dark with significant ease, without straining your eyes. You can use this drill by Black and Decker to drill holes on all kinds of surface, be it concrete or wood. You can also use it to fasten screws. It is easy to operate as the tool has minimal outer settings. It is one of the favourite tools of DIYers.
- Black & Decker Cordless chainsaw: It is essential to operate a chainsaw with caution and this cordless chainsaw is one of the best. It ensures a smooth yet fast cut, making it look like cutting a piece of cake. Its low kickback bar and chain helps greatly in this endeavor. The oiling system included in the tool serves as a reminder to keep it lubricated at regular intervals. Also, the tension in the chainsaw makes for relatively simpler adjustments. With this cordless chainsaw, you can always be in control and carve out the exact cut you want.
- DEWALT 20V MAX Jig Saw: This tool is known for its good grip and ease of control. The Dewalt 20V Jig Saw has a brushless motor that delivers a power-packed performance. You won’t have any problem controlling the tool. It operates for a long time as well. The bright LED light illuminates the darkest of spots and allows you to comfortably work at night. Even better is its integrated dust blower that ensures all the dust gathered at the site is cleared in an instant the moment your work is done.
- Worx Power Share Cordless Detail Sander: To make the surface spotless, it is necessary to remove any blemishes. It involves a lot of twists and turns. Therefore, it is all the more necessary to use a cordless tool in the sanding process. The Worx Power Cordless Detail Sander is quite lightweight and has a fast charging time of 1-hour. The tool comes with a finger sander attachment and a dust collector to keep the surface clean.
Cordless tools offer numerous advantages over their cord-connected counterparts. These tools are not merely easy to carry and operate but last longer as well. They have often minimal features that make it easy to operate even by novices. You can buy cordless tools from trusted outlets and keep your homes in top shape.