The future has arrived. Artificial intelligence has stepped out from the realms of science fiction & top-end research and into our everyday lives. Self-driving cars, human-like chatbots, AI-powered essay generators, automated control systems—AI is spreading its wings across every possible domain. And it was only a matter of time before it made its presence known in the world of education.
Machine learning, currently one of the most successful avenues of AI, is a fast-emerging technology that’s begun to alter the norms of education. ML and AI exert a profound influence on the tools, applications, communication media, and even the methods of administering & acquiring knowledge.
AI and ML have opened up tremendous opportunities for students all over. What kind of opportunities? Let’s explore.
How Are Students Using AI and ML To Excel? Some Amazing Examples
When used intelligently, AI can be the perfect learning assistant for students. Here’s how.
- Personalised Learning
Artificial intelligence and machine learning-powered systems can resolve queries in an instant. In addition, AI-backed learning platforms such as Cognii and Carnegie Learning’s applications evaluate the skills, knowledge, and capabilities and offer personalised guidance as necessary.
These systems analyse student data and customise effective learning plans based on a student’s capacity & interests. AI-assisted personalised learning enables students to learn at their own pace without rush or stress.
- Smart Content
AI systems and electronic media together have led to smart content development. These are subject-specific and customisable e-books that act as digitised study materials.
- Cram101, a revolutionary technology from Content Technologies Inc., turns any conventional study material into an intelligent study guide. It develops chapter summaries, different kinds of questions to solve, practise tests and flashcards, all specific to a particular textbook.
- JustTheFacts101 is another tech from Content Technologies that identifies & highlights essential information in any content.
These fantastic next-gen techs are readily available & affordable to students and can make learning fun, efficient & highly effective. Easily customisable and with multimedia support, innovative content is here to stay and become more prominent in the near future.
- Language Learning Platforms
This is a rapidly developing market segment in the EdTech industry. Advances in machine learning, neural networks and Natural Language Processing have led to striking developments in this field and the rise of some amazing apps.
Apps such as Elsa, Novakid, Lingvist, Memrise, etc., gather information regarding how a student learns a language. For example, it notes one’s mother tongue, learning pace, and common errors and collects personal data to identify patterns & make critical evaluations. That enables these apps to customise the learning content as per learner requirements.
Pronunciation analysis, engaging content, instant feedback, automated progress tracking, learning games and statistical analysis are prominent features of these language learning apps.
- Adaptive Learning Systems
Adaptive learning applications cater to the specific & individual needs of the student. These apps help develop personalised curricula and content designed specifically for a student’s needs. They employ AI to mine and evaluate information about a student can learn & imbibe knowledge.
Here are some of the most prominent start-ups in this niche.
- CENTURY Tech
A personalised learning platform from London, the UK, Century Tech implements AI, Big Data analytics and data science to determine a student’s learning abilities and present the right level of learning material. In addition, the platform identifies learning gaps and addresses those adequately.
- SelfStudy Inc.
SelfStudy is another major AI-powered adaptive learning platform from San Francisco, the USA. It uses a learning optimisation technology via an AI-powered cloud platform for academic institutions & publishers. It helps students make discover personalised content and offers access to tailored courses. Leveraging machine learning and MIT’s own dynamic items response theory, SelfStudy provides acute assessment to every user and the most relevant learning content.
- Amira Learning
Amira Learning is an intelligent reading assistant that aids learners improve their fluency. The system uses AI to analyse a user’s reading capabilities, note errors, and provide vita insights regarding their strengths & weaknesses.
After careful evaluation, the application generates diagnostic reports to help both teachers & students.
- Real-Time Automatic Feedback
Real-time feedback is crucial in education. It can do wonders for students’ academic performance and guide them through significant obstacles & challenges.
Teachers, supplemented by AI assistants, can offer minute and personalised access with impunity. Today, we have AI tutors that can mimic human teachers and offer near-human level feedback & guidance to learners.
- Customised automated feedback for exam papers, intelligent guidance while learning, and periodic performance reports are some of the most significant benefits AI-powered learning assistants offer.
- Feedback from an AI and analysed by a human tutor can help students understand their strengths & limitations better. What more do they need to do, what changes are necessary, and what gaps they need to address—AI and ML systems can quickly evaluate these facets through continual analyses.
- AI and ML For Special Needs Students
Artificial intelligence and machine learning come as boons for students with special needs.
- Learning systems with AI can detect limitations and adapt accordingly. In addition, special learning tools evaluate performance and work on feedback to physics assignment help students tackle their learning problems.
- AI can be incredibly influential for children with varied learning abilities. For example, social anxiety, cognitive impairments, autism, and communicational troubles— potent AI systems can pinpoint and offer resolutions for a wide range of mental & learning abilities.
- Fully-intelligent education tools and learning assistants can address students’ vast spectrum of symptoms with special needs. From increasing attention span to offering differentiated, personalised & engaging content and training, AI systems significantly benefit students with learning limitations.
Summing everything up, we can say that the influence of AI and ML on education & students has been nothing short of remarkable. These ground-breaking technologies have elevated education to a whole new level and enable students to learn faster, better & with conviction!
And that finally brings us to the end of this write-up. Hope it was an informative and exciting read for everyone alike.
All the best!
Author-Bio: Richard Hawkins is a machine learning engineer with a unicorn start-up from Perth, Australia. A major AI enthusiast and compulsive blogger, he is also a part-time writer with EssayAssignmentHelp.com.au, a leading online engineering assignment help service Down Under.