With the advancement of the digital marketplace, it has become essential to have an online presence for your business. Website builders enable you to build a website quickly, even if you do not know how to do so.
Are you also thinking of building your own website to grow your business? If yes, you must have come across the top website builder tools like Wix, Weebly, and Squarespace. But Are you also unable to decide which platform would be best for creating a website?
Anyone could get confused while choosing among the best website builders. But don’t worry; we are here to give you a deep insight into each platform so that you can evaluate how each platform performs and which suits your business needs best.
In this guide, we will provide you with a detailed comparison of Wix Vs Weebly Vs. Squarespace so you can have the perfect fit for the online growth of your business.
Wix vs. Weebly vs. Squarespace: Quick Comparison
|Ease of Use
|Simple to use, and its drag-and-drop editor makes it ideal for beginners
|Beginner friendly but less intuitive and easy to use but can be restrictive as well.
|Might take longer to find your way with this editor but simple to use in the long run.
|Design and Flexibility
|There are More than 800 templates to choose from, and you can customize them as you want.
|have fewer templates in comparison to Wix.
|Offers best quality designs including stylish, modern, and professional.
|Offer various features, including blogging, marketing, and online selling.
|Lacks features in comparison to Wix and Squarespace
|Offers various built-in and high-quality features yet are not impressive as Wix.
|Hundreds of apps are all easy to browse and search.
|Hundreds of apps but it could not be that easier to browse and search.
|Much smaller extension store that contains only 23 extensions.
|Built-in SEO tools along with extra help from SEO Wiz and SEO guide.
|Built-in SEO tools, along with extra support from the ultimate SEO guide.
|Good range of built-in SEO tools and also provide support articles and guides.
|Offers seven price plans along with a free plan.
|Offers three plans and one free plan.
|Offers four great plans but doesn’t have a free plan.
|Help and Support
|Support options include phone, live chat, and social media but no email support.
|Phone, email, live chat, and social media support are available but not 24/7.
|Excellent support through live chat, email, and social media but no phone support.
Wix vs. Weebly vs. Squarespace: At Glance
Wix is a great website builder for beginners to intermediate users who want to explore a lot of theme options to make a beautiful site.
It is best for customization and design flexibility as it provides you with advanced tools and templates from the largest library available.
t offers you a highly customizable editor and comprehensive support, and you will get a full website builder and a free package. Its upgraded plan provides you with an ad-free experience along with extra features.
Weebly is a great tool for beginners, so if you are looking for tons of customization and ready-to-available themes, then it is the best website-building solution for you.
It is a top choice for e-commerce and cheap plans as it focuses on offering automation through emails and marketing to support your sales.
It provides the best mobile app with easy drag-and-drop functionality and has the lowest price compared to all three website builders.
If you are a design specialist or if your business requirements demand a high-class visual aesthetic, then Squarespace is the best choice for you.
It is best for support and professional design as it has professional templates and impressive native integration.
It enables you to make professional sites without much experience. It offers excellent responsive support, and its price plans are full of advanced features.
What’s the Difference Between Wix, Weebly, and Squarespace?
● Ease of Use
When it comes to ease of use, Wix is the easiest website builder with its drag-and-drop design and an additional option to use Wix ADI which makes it truly beginner friendly.
On the other hand, Squarespace gets a good middle ground but requires more time to get a grip on. Weebly might be simple, but its restrictive editor can make it frustrating.
● Design and Flexibility
Squarespace has the best quality designs on the market and many customization options. On the other hand, Wix also has 800 high-quality templates to choose from, but it still can’t compete with the designs of Squarespace. In this criteria, Weebly falls short of having a few outdated themes.
● Pricing and Value for Money
Weebly offers the best value for money along with the lowest starting price. It is great for those who want a tool within budget without compromising features. On the other hand, Squarespace is the second great choice if you can afford a little more. While Wix is not the best choice for budget-conscious people as it is the most expensive of the three. However, if you are looking for an affordable tool, you can also use the Fynd platform, which is best from both comparisons.
● Features and Tools
Regarding features and tools, Wix wins the round because of its quality features. Moreover, Wix has all the tools you need to scale and succeed. On the other hand, Squarespace also has great features and tools, but a little less than Wix.
Talking about Weebly, it has lacked innovation and improvement over the recent years, so the tools and features are also less than its competitors.
● App Markets
Wix has more than 300 high-quality and easily searchable apps to choose from. They all are not free, but plenty of them are also free. Weebly also has an equally large app store, but sometimes it gets hard to find exactly what you are looking for. On the other hand, square space offers a smaller selection as most of its features are already built in.
Wix has the best SEO capability and it offers the most support with its beginner-friendly SEO Wiz and long-term SEO guide. On the other hand, both Weebly and Squarespace have strong SEO but they lack the same level of interaction especially when it comes to beginners.
When it comes to e-commerce, Wix has the best tools and features for selling online, and it provides you with the best E-Commerce experience. However, It has three plans to choose from so you are bound to find one that suits your needs.
Squarespace also offers a slightly smaller range of features that are best suited to smaller stores or Digital sales. Weebly comes last as it does not have any dedicated E-Commerce plans, and its features are also not vast.
● Help and Support
Squarespace wins this point as it offers all support from email to live chat and social media and also 24/7 support.
Wix also provides great help and support, but it does not offer email support. Weebly also offers a good number of ways to contact their staff, but it does not offer 24/7 support.
Besides this, if you are looking for a platform to create your e-commerce website with the best customer support and end-to-end logistic support, then you should give Fynd Platform a try.
Where Squarespace, Wix, and Weebly match up
If you are wondering if there is any similarity between Wix, Weebly, and Squarespace, let’s explore where they match up before talking about what sets them apart.
● All three website builders are easy to use as they all have a drag-and-drop editor. However, they may vary in flexibility.
● All of these three website builders offer really great social media integration along with having share buttons on your websites to drive you, new visitors.
● All three of them offer great customer support in slightly different ways. There are no winners or losers here, as they have provided the best customer support for building your website.
Where Wix wins and Where Wix Falls
Pros of Wix
● Wix has email marketing solutions that you can buy as add-ons.
● It has recently released a mobile app through which you can update certain things on your website from your smartphone.
● Among these three website builder tools, Wix is the only one to have a changelog that shows you all the updates that they are making to improve the tool.
Cons of Wix
● It offers a wide variety of templates to use but falls short when it comes to transitioning to new templates.
● It has a robust market for third-party apps, but many of these are simply wrapping the other parties’ content in an iframe which creates usability problems.
● Wix has been a little behind on SEO friendliness and lags behind Squarespace and Weebly. So as their system is not optimized for blogging, we would recommend Fynd Platform over Wix if you are looking to create an active blog.
So overall, it will get 4.25 out of 5 points.
Where Weebly Wins and Where Weebly Falls
Pros of Weebly
● Weebly also has an email Marketing solution built into their website builder package as a paid add-on.
● Another advantage of using Weebly over its competitor is easy-to-use page layouts.
● If you are a beginner, then Weebly provides you with a guided help dialog that can help you with each step, and with its app, it is extremely easy to use everything.
Cons of Weebly
● Weebly is a beautiful and easy-to-use website builder, but their selection of prebuilt themes is lacking as they have not added a lot of themes over the years.
● Another thing where Weebly falls short is in template customization as any real customization with Weebly requires you to open up the code editor.
So overall, Weebly gets 3.4 out of 5 points.
Where Squarespace wins and Where Squarespace Falls
Pros of Squarespace
● All of the templates of Squarespace are mobile responsive so this point you should consider as a plus as a lot of people view websites on mobile devices.
● Another point about Squarespace is its beautiful simplicity, as it keeps everything simple in an outstanding manner.
● While it does not have a huge collection of templates, still the available templates are more customizable in comparison to Wix and Weebly.
Cons of Squarespace
● The company spent money less on development and more on gaining new customers and thus lost ground feature-wise in comparison to its competitors.
● On their style menu, there are only a few scrollable pages to choose from which could be a problem.
● Squarespace claims to have the most robust creative design experience yet they only have fewer than 75 templates.
So overall, Squarespace will get 3.1 out of 5 points.
Final winner -Summary of the article
Wix, Weebly, and Squarespace all are great choices when it comes to creating a website. But our overall winner is Wix as it offers a lot more in comparison to Weebly and Squarespace.
There are a lot of other reasons why Wix is the best choice. It is not only super easy to use but also has everything that can help you with your website’s success. However, it is a little expensive which makes people think twice.
But if you are looking for a platform to create your e-commerce website at an affordable price, then Fynd Platform is a great alternative to these website builders. We will give it 4.9 out of 5 points and will recommend you explore it for better options.
Table for the Winner
|Wix is very simple to use, and its drag-and-drop editor makes it ideal for beginners who want a simple yet creative tool.
|Design and Flexibility
|It has more than 800 templates to choose from, and also customize it as you want as it provides you with a lot of creative freedom. However, you cannot switch templates once your website is made.
|It offers various tools for blogging, marketing, online selling, and plenty of other tools to help your website grow.
|It has hundreds of apps that are all easy to browse and search. It provides a mix of free and premium, and third-party apps.
|It has built-in SEO tools along with extra help from SEO Wiz and SEO guide. This makes it a beginner-friendly platform that is specially designed to support you as your website grows.
|It offers seven-price plans along with a free plan. It has four website plans ranging from $16 to $45 and three e-commerce plans ranging from $27 to $59. Moreover, all plans have a 14-day money-back guarantee as well.
|It offers a variety of support options, including phone, live chat, and social media but has no email support.
1. Which website is builder tool among these best for small businesses?
Ans. Wix is the best choice for small businesses but you can also opt for Squarespace as it is also a decent choice. Wix offers all the great features for scaling your business while Squarespace is slightly cheaper than Wix so it will be an affordable choice.
2. Which is best, Wix, Weebly, or Squarespace for selling online?
Ans. Wix is the best website builder for e-commerce but you can also set up an online store with Weebly or Squarespace as they are not that bad. However, if you are serious about selling online, then you can also consider a specialized ECommerce builder like Fynd Platform.
3. Which is the cheapest platform among the three?
Ans. Weebly offers the cheapest plans among the three and is also the best value for money. Wix has more plans than Weebly, but it is quite an expensive platform for beginners.