Whether you are a retail, nonprofit, sports team, business, or individual, custom socks are helpful. They are suitable for gifts, giveaways, branding, and promotions. It is clear from the rising trend that more businesses and organizations use customized socks. So, you also want to create but are confused about the number. Should you order in a small quantity or in bulk? You have heard people that ordering in bulk is cheaper and more beneficial. But is it the right option for you or your organization?
What is bulk custom socks printing?
They produce bulk custom socks for promotional purposes, gifts, or fundraisers. With the technologies available, it is possible to manufacture many custom socks in little time. They provide value because you can design and manufacture without worrying about production, shipping cost, and inventory. It also frees up a lot of effort and time to invest in the production and concentrate on other productive tasks like growing your business.
Advantages of custom socks:
- Exact specifications: Although off-the-shelf socks have numerous options, they pale compared to customized socks. This model works for average buyers but leaves out consumers/ organizations who need particular socks for special reasons. E.g., custom compression socks that do not look like a patient sock or custom pet socks for international dog or cat day.
- Unique products: Custom production ensures your socks meet the design, dimensions, materials, styles, performance, price, or other specifications. If you require socks, you cannot purchase them from any seller on the market; custom socks are your option.
- 100% satisfaction: one of the common issues organizations run into is to find three or four custom socks that satisfy 75-80% of their needs. E.g., socks A will meet every specification but are expensive. Socks B are reasonably priced but are missing out on a vital requirement. Socks C meets all the requirements, and the price is reasonable, but the distributor is not reliable enough. Working with a custom sock manufacturer helps deal with each issue with 100% satisfaction.
Reasons to manufacture custom socks in bulk:
Despite hearing many good things about bulk custom socks printing, you might wonder how it will benefit you or your organization. Here are some of the reasons:
- More value for money: Many people hear about custom socks and think – wow! That must be expensive. But, it is not always the case. One goal of custom manufacturers is to meet every requirement, including price. If you find the correct manufacturer and tell them your requirements, they can customize socks meeting your needs and budget.
Second advantage: manufacturing in bulk helps save money than manufacturing in a small number. Most manufacturers have a fixed price point for every quantity of orders, and bulk orders help lower the cost per sock. So the more order volume, the more discounts, and better rates you can get. The shipping cost will also be less because they will deliver all the socks together.
- Profitable: every business tries to have higher profits. The vital factor determining the organization’s ability to make more money is expenses, and they can get out of control if you are not careful with them. You can reduce the cost with bulk orders. Since you can get the socks at a lower cost, you can sell them at a competitive price without worrying about profits.
- Timesaving: The adage in the business world: time is money applies. Things like order sorting, inventory monitoring, etc., take a lot of time. But, ordering in bulk helps save you a lot of time upfront. Instead of doing the mentioned things every time, you can do it once; it will spare you the hassle of ordering, shipping, etc.
- Consistency: manufacturing custom socks in bulk is also beneficial for uniformity. Since they make all the socks in one large batch, you do not have to worry about quality discrepancies. The materials, prints, images, designs, etc., will be the same.
- Availability: by ordering and printing in bulk, you will have the required inventory at your disposal. You do not have to worry about running out of custom socks. If you create for promotions, you will have stocks for events; if you sell, you can prevent losing customers.
Now, you might think, if ordering in bulk has so many advantages, why does not everyone do the same? It has some disadvantages; you need to consider before ordering.
Disadvantages of ordering custom socks in bulk:
- Longer lead times: the primary benefit of mass-produced socks is that they can sit in a warehouse for a long time without becoming redundant. However, custom socks do not have the same luxury. Depending upon socks, season, and orders, you might have to wait weeks and months for design, development, production, and shipping. The more unique the socks, the more time you will require. Sometimes, you want custom socks for a particular event like a fundraiser, and if they do not sell, you end up with dead stock.
- Higher cost – for some orders: Custom sock manufacturers do not have the luxury of walking into a factory, powering on the machine, and watching the socks roll out. They have to design each sock and set the devices or machines accordingly. Often, they have to produce in smaller batches; it means machine resetting and cleaning. Acquiring raw fabrics and inks also take time; the demand changes according to trends.
- Considerable communication: the experience of ordering custom socks differs considerably from visiting a website, adding the product to your cart, making payment, and shipping at your address. You have to engage in extensive back-and-forth communication with the manufacturer. It might include meetings, sock design, samples, changes, manufacturing, etc. it can be a tremendous disadvantage. If you can not commit to a lengthy development process, avoid it.
As you can see, creating custom socks in bulk has several advantages outweighing disadvantages. But who will benefit from them? If you are one of the following, you are most likely to gain the most by ordering in bulk:
- Businesses can use custom socks to promote the organization. They can also use for employee gifts, new employees, clients, etc. The logo and design remain constant for a long time, so it is better to order in bulk.
- Schools can save a lot of time and money by getting in bulk. They can use for school advertisements, sporting, or other events.
- Nonprofits can create custom socks in bulk to raise money for vital causes. It gives them a better opportunity to organize more from a single campaign.
- Sports teams: It is typical for a sports team to create custom socks for players and fans. They can gather support and use the money for better facilities.
- Retail/ eCommerce shops can profit more because the price per sock will be less.
Finding the correct custom sock manufacturer is necessary to develop high-quality socks. With any business, it is vital to look at and compare your options. Begin by gathering all the required information to filter out the company unable to satisfy your needs. Ask the right questions and look for the right signals once you communicate with manufacturers and compare.
- How long have you been in manufacturing: It will provide information on whether they are a long-standing company you can trust.
- How you differ from other manufacturers: You will know what they do differently from the companies you are considering.
- Have you manufactured socks like what I am looking for: While it is likely they have not manufactured socks to your exact specifications, it will provide you an idea about their expertise.
- What does your custom design process look like: Understanding the design process will help you understand whether working together will be easy and beneficial.
- What issues do you see as a challenge in manufacturing: Some designs take longer while others take less time. If the artwork is complex or the material is uncommon, ensure the company is honest with you. They should communicate openly the troubles that could arise.
- How long does it take before the production starts: If you are short on time, it might be the most vital point. You could avoid the issue with proper planning and ordering in bulk beforehand.
- What do your customers say about you: While they might not say exactly, it will provide you with enough information. Before deciding, go through independent reviews and social media sites.
- Can you send me a sample: Often, the sock might look different in real life. While anyone can utter that they manufacture the best custom socks, seeing them will clear all your doubts.
It is not always the customers who ask the questions. Manufacturers should also ask questions to understand your requirements; if they do not, it could be a red flag.
What is the end goal of your custom socks?
Finding out the end goal of a custom product is vital for high-quality; a good manufacturer will create the socks accordingly. E.g., for promotions, for fundraisers, etc.
What are the most vital design aspects?
All the custom socks are not equal; different organizations have unique needs.
What is your required or expected timeframe?
Every manufacturer accords to orders; they should be upfront and straightforward. So, you have an approximate idea of your delivery time.
When manufacturing custom socks in bulk, decide according to your requirements. Partnering with a reliable and experienced manufacturer helps get the best custom socks. EverLighten has helped startups, large organizations, sports teams, nonprofits, universities, and individuals create their dream socks for over eighteen years.
Hummingbird is a digital store offering luxurious sports apparel and accessories for women athletes and runners. They approached EverLighten to design their new line of custom products, including socks. But, they wanted the delivery in less than 15-days. Since it was a new product, they were unsure of the design. Our team changed five mock-ups. After finalizing the design, we manufactured the sample. However, they were not 100% satisfied, so; the team made changes until they were pleased. We delivered high-quality custom socks in bulk in a tight timeframe. The dedication, patience, and quality impressed Hummingbird.
Read the full story https://everlighten.com/blogs/success-stories/startup-brand-hummingbird.
Benefits of partnering with EverLighten:
Best pricing: they are a dedicated factory for producing custom socks and not intermediaries; customers always get the best price.
Quality without a compromise: they use premium-quality materials and the latest processes.
Fast turnaround time: they provide the quickest delivery for every order.
24*7 support: you can contact us anytime; they provide round-the-clock support.
Real people, phenomenal service: EverLighten loves helping; they offer various options for every sock.
Free design help and unlimited customization: the custom socks will look as you imagined; they also provide endless customization.
No MOQ requirement: you can order as many socks as you need; they accept orders without a minimum limit.
Worldwide shipping: they deliver worldwide; customers can track their orders anytime with an order tracking tool.
For information, inquiries and orders, visit https://everlighten.com/collections/custom-socks.