Instagram has emerged to become one of the most popular apps in the world, especially among teenagers and young adults. It not only allows you to share your precious memories with your friends and families, but can also act as an income source for some. A lot of Instagram users might want to know when does instagram start paying you. If you employ the right strategies, then no matter whether you are a content creator or business manager, you will be able to earn a lot of money within a short period of time. For this to happen, you have to first take some time to research properly to gain knowledge regarding things that are currently in the trend and how to shift the audience to your page. Once you possess this understanding, achieving your objective will only be a matter of time.
When does instagram start paying you?
It is appropriate to say that Instagram does not directly pay you for creating content like how Youtube does. However, there are a lot of other ways in which you can start earning on Instagram.
- The first option is a paid partnership. In this method, you have to reach out to different brands and show them how your page can help increase their product popularity and value. If they get convinced, then they may allow you to make sponsored posts on your account.
- The payment for these sponsored posts may range from $10 to $1000, depending on the brand value and your audience strength.
- You can also earn money by joining affiliate programmes if you are a content creator. In affiliate programmes, all you have to do is connect to a business that sells specific types of products. These businesses will basically pay you to promote their products.
- Other methods by which you can earn money are live video badges and Instagram subscriptions. Instagram subscriptions can be used by accounts that offer educational programmes and other tutorials to their followers.
How much money can you make on Instagram?
Since we have already discussed the answer to the question, when does instagram start paying you, let us now take a look at the average income of the influencers and businesses on Instagram.
- On an average, an Instagram influencer with over 1000 to 10,000 followers, also called micro influencers, can earn around $901 per post. The monthly income of such influencers is $1420.
- Accounts with more than 10,000 to 50,000 followers have a monthly income of $2061, and those with more than 50,000 followers can earn up to $3517 per month.
- Influencers with more than a million followers have a monthly income of $15336. These influencers are also referred to as mega influencers.
- Live video batches can also act as an extra source of income for influencers and businesses. During their live videos, they can ask the followers to show their love and support by purchasing these badges. The price of the badges usually varies between $0.99 and $4.99.
How many followers are needed to start earning on Instagram?
Now that we know when does instagram start paying you and how much you can earn on an average, let us now take a look at the minimum number of followers required to start earning on Instagram.
- It is impossible to pin down a certain number of followers that will ensure your success. This is because the ability to monetize your business or content depends on a lot of different factors other than followers.
- The three factors that determine your success rate in monetizing your account include engagement rate, quality of content, and niche relevance.
- There are many accounts out there with a large number of followers, even more than 10,000 who do not earn much money. This is because of their small number of engaging audiences.
- On the other hand, some accounts with fewer than 10,000 followers make a lot of money thanks to their larger numbers of active audiences.
- Though micro accounts can also earn money on Instagram, it has been found that the opportunities to monetize your account increase with the increase in the number of followers.
We have discussed when does instagram start paying you. This can be a question that is quite common among new content creators and businesses on Instagram. Some of the ways by which you can earn money on Instagram have been elaborated on in this discussion, along with the amount of money that you can earn. The path to a successful content creator or business on Instagram is not an easy one. It requires constant improvement, hard work, and a strong mentality to accept that there will be failures on the path, which will later act as stepping stones towards the end goal.