PRINCE2 (PRroject IN Controlled Environments) is the most widely used Project Management approach by many industries and sectors worldwide. Its seven principles, themes, and processes make it easier to adopt and apply for Project Management purposes.
As a generic platform for project management, PRINCE2 incorporates a lot of structure and guiding principles. You can define your roles and duties with the team and manage the project using the PRINCE2 project approach.
AXELOS modified the PRINCE2 certification and guidelines in 2017. The two primary levels on the revised premise are Foundation and Practitioner.
The introductory PRINCE2 methodologies course is called PRINCE2 Foundation.
The focus of PRINCE2 Practitioner is on functional project management skills.
You should have proper certification and PRINCE2 Training to utilise the approach better.
Through this blog you will learn the following:
- Basic Difference Between PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner
- Difference Between the Exam Formats
- Difference Between PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner Syllabus
- Which Examination Should You Take?
- Cost of Examination
Basic difference between PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner:
|Understand fundamental concepts Enables entering a project team Learn important terms and expressions
|Become knowledgeable. Adapt the concepts to the project’s requirements. Applying concepts to project management Learn how to do it in practice Permits managing a project team
Apart from these distinctions, both levels can be distinguished based on their intended uses.
To work effectively, you must hold the PRINCE2 Foundation Certification. This certification will confirm your knowledge and understanding of the PRINCE2 approach.
The PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification, on the other hand, is intended to certify that you have a good understanding of the application method and can adapt the approach to various project environments.
Additionally, it is intended for those in formal project management roles or positions where project management is an essential component of everyday duties.
Difference between the exam formats
PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner can be differentiated based on the terms and guiding principles. Regarding the examination format, there are some differences between Foundation and Practitioner levels.
Here are the divisions:
|60 minutes for the exam 60 questions Closed book 33/60 required to pass is a passing score of 55%. 18 or 21 PDUs (online) (classroom).
|150 minutes is the duration 68 questions 38/68 needed to pass is a 55% passing score. Open-book test (just the official PRINCE2 guidebook) 20 or 21 PDUs (online) (classroom).
Difference Between PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner Syllabus
PRINCE2 Seven principles, themes, processes, and the project environment form its foundation. Regardless of the scope and size of the project, the PRINCE2 method aids in successful project management. It consists of the following:
- Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2, 2017 Edition – the PRINCE2 guidebook.
- You can achieve the Foundation or Practitioner levels through the Certification Scheme.
- You have the option to use the membership subscription service.
Which Examination Should You Take?
The Foundation level attempts to evaluate the proficiency of a project management team using the PRINCE2 technique in a PRINCE2-supporting project environment. At the same time, the PRINCE2 Practitioner level tests a candidate’s competence to use PRINCE2 while managing a straightforward project in a PRINCE2-friendly environment.
Additionally, there are differences between PRINCE2 Foundation and PRINCE2 Practitioner regarding the requirements for taking these examinations.
You don’t need any prior experience or education to attend PRINCE2 Foundation as an entry-level course.
However, some requirements must be met before you register as PRINCE2 Practitioner. To take the PRINCE2 Practitioner test, you must show documentation that you have passed one of the following levels:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Foundation PRINCE2
- Certified Associate in Project Management
- IPMA Level A (Certified Project Director)
- IPMA Level B (Certified Senior Project Manager)
- IPMA Level C (Certified Project Manager)
- IPMA Level D (Certified Project Management Associate) (CAPM)
Cost of examination
Let’s have a look at PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner Certifications cost:
Cost for PRINCE2 Foundation
You should choose a PRINCE2 Foundation if:
- You want to showcase your knowledge of the PRINCE2 methodology and function effectively as a project management team member within a PRINCE2-supportive environment.
- You can spend £236 to take the PRINCE2 Foundation exam.
Cost for PRINCE2 Practitioner
If you want to go for the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam, you should:
- A sufficient understanding of implementing and adapting the PRINCE2 methodology should register in the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam.
- To take a PRINCE2 Practitioner exam, you need to spend £389.
We hope that you clearly understand the necessary advantages, qualifications, instructions, syllabus, and other information to become a PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner candidate.
After reading all the information about PRINCE2 Training, you can begin your journey and become a PRINCE2 Practitioner and land your dream job.