If you are planning to travel to Turkey in the near future, here are some important things to keep in mind when applying for your visa.
What is a Maldives visa?
Turkey visa for Maldivian citizens is a visa that Maldivian citizens can use to visit the country for tourism or business purposes. Visas are issued by the Maldives embassy in your country and require a valid passport.
How to get a Maldives visa?
To get a Maldives visa, you need to submit an online application at the Maldives Embassy website. The application process can take up to two weeks to complete and you will need to provide certain documents such as your passport, proof of hotel booking, and flight ticket. Once your application is processed, you will receive an email notification from the embassy with further instructions.
What are the requirements for a Maldives visa?
To be eligible for a Maldives visa, you must be a citizen of the Maldives or have an official residence permit. You must have a valid passport and meet the visa requirements for your destination country. For example, if you are traveling to Oman, you will need a valid Omani visa.
What is an Omani visa?
The Omani visa is a visa that allows citizens of Oman to enter and stay in the Maldives for a period of 30 days. To obtain a Turkey visa for Omani citizens, you must first have a valid passport and a return ticket. After arriving in the Maldives, you will need to apply for an Omani visa at the immigration office. The process of applying for an Omani visa is relatively straightforward and usually takes about five minutes to complete. Once you get your Omani visa, don’t forget to bring your passport and all necessary documents with you when traveling to the Maldives.
Requirements for Omani Visa:
- A valid passport that is not expiring within six months of your planned visit date
- Submit your visa application at least three weeks before your planned departure date
- You must provide proof of sufficient funds (approximately $600 USD) for your stay in Oman
- Your return or onward ticket and proof of sufficient funds to cover your return or the onward journey will also be required
Requirements for Maldives Visa
If you are a Maldivian citizen and want to visit Turkey, you need a visa. Visa requirements for Maldivian citizens are as follows:
- One passport-size photograph
- Proof of residence in Maldives (either a valid residency card or rent receipt)
- 1200 TRY equivalent in Turkish Lira (about $175)
- Visa application form
How to get a Turkey visa
Visit your nearest Turkish embassy or consulate to apply for a Turkey visa.
- The application process usually takes about two weeks.
- You will need to provide your passport information, as well as your citizenship document (such as a driving license).
- You must also provide proof of sufficient funds for your stay in Turkey and proof that you have sufficient health insurance coverage.
- If you are traveling with children, you must also provide proof that they are attending school or have an appointment with a Turkish doctor within the next three months.
If you are a Maldivian or Omani citizen planning to travel to Turkey, please be aware of the following:
- Pets must have a valid rabies vaccination certificate and an entry permit issued by the Ministry of Fisheries.
- Note that there is a 10% tourist tax on all goods entering Turkey. These include food, beverages, cigarettes, and cosmetics.
- Bring your passport with you when traveling to Turkey so that officials can verify your identity.