In India, there are a lot of expensive brand-name medicines. We also supply treatment to the countries around us. Several studies have shown that India is one of the most critical places in the pharmaceutical industry. Now, all brands charge high prices for their products. On the other hand, it has been shown that generic medicines are also made with the same ingredients and work just fine. On a therapeutic level, drugs without brand names are the same.
After the pharma advisory meeting, the Indian government decided to open some drug stores. The medicine will be cheap, but it will work just as well as brand-name drugs. The first Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Yojana opened on November 25, 2008. It was said that 630 districts would get more stores. This is how Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Kendra was started.
How to Get Started with PMJAK
Fill out the form if you want to apply for PMJAK or Pradhan Mantri Jan aushadhi yojana. Arrangements can be filled out both online and on paper. It is essential to have an excellent place to store things. So, you have to buy or rent a space. The government says the area needs to be at least 120 square feet.
After that, the applicant needs to get permission from the drug store. He requires a Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Kendra license to open the drug store. The applicant must ensure that all the legal requirements for storing drugs are met.
If the applicant is a single person, they must have an Aadhaar or PAN card. Organizations or NGOs need a registration certificate, a certificate of incorporation, a permanent account number (PAN), and an Aadhar card. If the organization is part of a government, all the paperwork about who got the space and how it was used is needed.
It is required to show proof from the pharmacist. If the pharmacist knows how to use computers, he has to have a registration certificate. After that, you must prove that you have enough money to run the business. You need to show bank records from the last three years that have been checked.
According to NITI Ayog, you must send in the form with a non-refundable 5,000 fee. But you don’t have to pay anything if you are a woman business owner or from the SC or ST group. Everyone from a poor area has the same advantage.
Important Rules and Terms
Before you apply for the PMJAK or Pradhan Mantri Jan aushadhi yojana, you must check a list of terms and conditions.
- Before getting the PMJAK, applicants must read the agreement. So, it is essential to know all the rules of the contract.
- It is up to the applicant to take care of the licensing process.
- The space you were given is only for the medical store, so you can’t use it for anything else.
- It would help if you used the software made by BPPI to do all of your billing. You can’t bill if you don’t have the records.
- PMJAK can sell the medicines as they do in other medical stores, but if they want to sell them to an NGO or a trustee, they need to get permission from BPPI first.
- BPPI usually takes expired or broken medicines or 2% of the MRP of that expired medicine, whichever is less.
- The credit period will last up to 30 days after the medicine is bought.
People get sick very quickly these days because of all the diseases. In that case, getting the proper treatment is critical—ill people need the medicine on time. There are a lot of brands that do business in the pharmaceutical industry in India. They use a lot of effort to sell their products. Poor people usually can’t afford medicine, so they don’t buy it. It makes people die. Aside from that, India’s pharma industry is growing. People from nearby countries come here to get medical care. So, there are a lot of cases of dishonest business people who sell medicines for more than they should.