With the technological advancement in the medical field, diagnosis and prognosis of the problem is a cup of tea. Earlier it was not easy to find out the chronic level conditions, but now with different diagnostic and imaging techniques, it has become easy and possible. This way, it becomes easy for a doctor to diagnose the problem and plan the treatment accordingly. Among the diagnostic methods CT scan (Computed Tomography scan) is one of the best diagnostic methods that is used to diagnose the problem in the kidney, ureter, and bladder.
In This Discussion, We Will Talk In Detail About The Following
- About the CT KUB scan
- Why is CT KUB scan done?
- Is there any preparation needed for CT KUB scan?
- How is CT KUB scan Done?
- Are there any risks?
- How much time does CT KUB scan take?
- What is the cost of a CT KUB scan?
About The CT KUB Scan
CT (Computed Tomography) of KUB (Kidney, ureter, and bladder) is an imaging procedure used to get detailed information about the urinary system. It obtains clear images from different angles of the urinary system that includes kidneys, ureters, and bladder along with the surrounding structures. Compared to X-Ray KUB it provides more detailed information on the diseases or injuries to the kidneys such as tumors, lesions, kidney stones, congenital anomalies, polycystic kidney disease, accumulation of fluid around the kidneys, etc.
Why Is CT KUB Scan Done?
The CT KUB scan is done to check various kinds of health issues such as:
- The suspected kidney tumors
- Suspected kidney stones
- Polycystic kidney disease
- Birth defects
- Suspected urinary bladder stones etc.
It is also requested if you have symptoms such as:
- Urinary inconsistency
- Pelvis pain
- Pain while urinating
- UTI (Urinary Tract Infection)
- Nausea and vomiting etc.
How Is CT KUB Scan Done?
This is the point around which the whole article revolves around.
- You need to lie straight and still on the examination table.
- To prevent movement, the technologist may use straps.
- The technologist is present in another room to operate the scanner and monitor the entire process.
- To give instructions and communicate with you, the technologist uses an intercom.
- For scanning, the technologist slides the table inside the scanners that revolve around you to capture the images.
- Once the scanning procedure ends, you are removed from the scanner
Are There Any Risks?
CT KUB scan has some risks:
- Exposure to the harmful radiation
- Allergic reaction due to contrast media (if contrast media is used)
- Harmful for the fetus (In the case of pregnancy)
How Much Time Does CT KUB Scan Take?
The CT KUB scan takes approximately 15 minutes to 30 minutes. It may take more time in the case of contrast media involvement.
What Is The Cost Of A CT KUB Scan?
CT KUB scan cost is different. It depends on various factors. The technology being used by the diagnostic center is also one of the main factors. Diagnostic centers use different CT scanners such as 16 slices, 32 slices, 64 slices, or 128 slices CT scanners. Generally, the CT Scan Price KUB ranges between INR 4500 to INR 6000.
CT KUB scan is a highly effective imaging scan that is used to diagnose the problem with the urinary system. It is considered a highly useful technique to get the complete status of kidney health. This procedure not only diagnoses kidney-related issues but also issues related to the urinary system. Hopefully, you have got information about the CT KUB scan. If you or your loved ones planning to undergo the procedure, reading this article put eases your mind.