There is no greater street food in Los Angeles than carne asada. It’s the perfect blend of flavors and textures – from the sweet to the sour, from the fatty to the lean, and from the crispy to the soft. This list of five small-to-medium size restaurants that serve carne asada is a great place to start your search for a new favorite carniceria near you!
Looking for a carnicerias near you? You can find one with the Show Near Me website. This website allows you to search for carnicerias by location, type of food, and more. You can also read reviews from other customers to get an idea of what to expect when you visit the restaurant.
What’s a Carniceria?
A carniceria is a Mexican grocery store or meat market where fresh, pre-packaged meats and seafood are sold. There are many carnicerias in Los Angeles, and they’re great places to buy cheap tacos, barbacoa, and chorizo.
The History of Carniceria
The history of carne asada can be traced back to the Aztec empire in central Mexico. It is thought that carne asada was invented during the reign of Montezuma II, in an effort to impress his guests. The dish is made from a piece of beef or lamb grilled over an open flame and then served with a dipping sauce made from yogurt, spices, and chiles.
Today, carne asada can be found throughout Mexico and parts of Central America. However, its popularity has spread far beyond its native countries. In Los Angeles, there are many places to enjoy this classic Mexican dish. Here are five of the best:
1) El Carnicero – This restaurant is known for its carne asada tacos and burritos. They also serve tinga de pollo (chicken thigh), carnitas (pork), and chicharrón (fried pork skin).
2) La Carniceria – This restaurant specializes in carne asada sandwiches and salads. They also offer fresh tortillas for making your own tacos or burritos.
3) El Taqueria – This location is known for their barbacoa tacos – which are made with slow-cooked beef seasoned with cumin and chili powder. Other menu items include chorizo enchiladas, tamales verdes (green tamales), sopes (soup bowls), and quesadillas.
4) Los Globos – This Mexican restaurant is known for their carne asada tacos. You can order them as soft or hard tacos, with rice, beans, or guacamole.
5) El Gran Charro – This restaurant specializes in carne asada burritos. They also serve chile relleno (stuffed peppers), enchiladas suizas (Swiss-style enchiladas), and chicharrón enchiladas (stuffed onions).
History Of Mexican Food in America
Mexican food in America has a long and varied history. Mexican immigrants began migrating to the United States in large numbers starting in the late 1800s, bringing their native cuisine with them. Mexican food in America has evolved to encompass a wide variety of dishes, from simple tacos and burritos to elaborate multi-course meals.
Some of the earliest Mexican restaurants in America were located in Los Angeles, where they quickly became popular among newly arrived immigrants. In 1930, Antonio Carillo opened the first restaurant specifically catering to Mexicans in Los Angeles, and it quickly became a landmark institution. Over the years, other Mexican restaurants followed suit, and by the 1960s Los Angeles was known as the “Mexican capital of America.”
Today, Mexican food in America is widely enjoyed throughout the country. Numerous restaurants specializing in Mexican cuisine can be found throughout most major cities. In addition to traditional Mexican dishes such as carne asada and enchiladas, many Americanized versions of these dishes are also available. For example, carne asada at many restaurants is made using thinly sliced steak instead of chicken or beef, and enchiladas are often served with sour cream and salsa rather than green sauce.
Types of Carnies
The Great Carne Asada Search: Places To Eat In LA
Looking for a delicious and affordable meal? Check out these carnival-style carne asada restaurants in Los Angeles!
1. El Carnicero
3131 W Pico Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90019 | (323) 938-5200
El Carnicero is a carnival-inspired restaurant that specializes in carne asada. The menu features items such as carne asada burritos, carne asada tacos, and carne asada chimichangas. Prices at El Carnicero are very reasonable, making it a great option if you’re on a budget. Plus, the atmosphere at this restaurant is really fun and festive!
2. La Jaqueira
6647 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028 | (323) 466-7777
La Jaqueira is an upscale carnival-style restaurant that serves up some of the best carne asada in Los Angeles. The menu features items such as carne asada fries, carne asada chimichangas, and carne asada tortillas. Prices at La Jaqueira can be quite high compared to other restaurants on this list, but the quality of the food definitely justifies it. Plus, the atmosphere here is absolutely amazing!
3. El Rey Jr’s Cantina & Taqueria
9608 Wilshire Blvd #1108 , Beverly Hills, CA 90211 | (310) 271-6000
El Rey Jr’s Cantina & Taqueria is a carnival-inspired restaurant that specializes in carne asada. The menu features items such as carne asada tacos, carne asada burritos, and carne asada chimichangas. Prices at El Rey Jr’s Cantina & Taqueria are very reasonable, making it a great option if you’re on a budget. Plus, the atmosphere at this restaurant is really fun and festive!
Where to Find the Best Carne Asada
If you’re looking for a delicious and authentic carne asada meal, you’ll want to check out some of the best places to eat in Los Angeles. Here are five of the best spots:
1) Taqueria San Antonio is a local favorite for carne asada. The restaurant is known for its tender and juicy steak, made with fresh ingredients.
2) El Patron is another well-known spot for carne asada in Los Angeles. The restaurant offers a variety of options, including an all-you-can-eat option that lets you taste different cuts of steak.
3) Carne Asada Grill is another great option if you’re looking for an all-inclusive meal. The restaurant serves up carne asada plates along with rice, beans, and tortillas.
4) La Casa de Carol serves up some of the most authentic carne asada in the city. The restaurant features Latin flavors and decor, which makes it a great place to enjoy a casual meal with friends.
5) El Charro Loco is perfect if you’re looking for something off the beaten path. The restaurant specializes in carne asada dishes that are handcrafted using only the finest ingredients.
5 Places to Eat in LA
There are so many places to eat in Los Angeles, and it can be hard to decide where to start. Whether you’re looking for a quick bite or a full meal, there are plenty of options available. From tacos to burritos to enchiladas, here are some of the best places to eat in LA.
1. El Rey Taqueria
This taco spot is a must-visit for carne asada lovers. The tacos are made with fresh ingredients and always taste delicious. You can also order up some delicious Mexican drinks to go with your meal.
2. Lucha Libre Taco Shop
This taco shop is perfect if you’re looking for something different than the traditional carne asada tacos. They offer up dishes like chicken tinga tacos and chorizo quesadillas, both of which are sure to tantalize your taste buds.
3. Pappy & Harriet’s BBQ
If you’re craving barbecue, then Pappy & Harriet’s should definitely be high on your list of restaurants to visit in LA. The meat here is cooked over an open flame, which gives it that unique flavor that everyone loves.
This place is always packed, so reservations definitely recommend if you want to try it out!
4. Little Dom’s Taqueria
Little Dom’s is known for its fantastic carne asada tacos, and they don’t skimp on the toppings either! You can choose from a variety of toppings, including guacamole, sour cream, and salsa.
5. El Pollo Loco
If you’re in the mood for some chicken tacos, then El Pollo Loco is definitely the place to go. The chicken here is cooked to perfection and topped with delicious sauces and toppings. You can also order up a wide variety of side dishes to go with your meal.
Los Angeles is home to some of the best carne asada around, and there are plenty of places to try it out. From casual spots where you can enjoy a quick meal to high-end restaurants that will spoil you with chef-driven dishes, I have compiled a list of five great options for those looking for some delicious carne asada in LA. So whether you’re in the mood for street food or fine dining, these spots should be on your list!