Paver blocks are multi-purpose surfacing materials and can be used for landscaping and building various structures such as patios, pathways, and driveways. They are made from concrete or clay. Their attributes make them a famous choice for surfacing for both residential and commercial properties. Whether it is Block Paving Guildford for driveways or patios, you can choose from a large variety of shapes, colours, and sizes.
Concrete paving blocks
Concrete paving blocks are manufactured in mass volumes, usually in standard sizes. This enables them to be easily replaced if broken. Typically concrete blocks have two surfaces – a smooth one and a rough one. Concrete paver blocks are highly suitable for surfaces which experience heavy traffic as they can support considerable loads and have high resistance to breaking and shearing forces. They are available in various colours. They are highly recommended for driveways and pavements.
Clay Paver blocks
Clay paver blocks are available in standard shapes and can also be customized. Unlike concrete pavers, both sides of clay pavers are interchangeable. They are usually available in their natural colour. They have a lower resistance than concrete blocks.
Classification & Shapes
There are typically four standard shapes which are available for Block Paving Hampshire anywhere in the United Kingdom :
- Type A: Plain vertical surfaces. They are not interlocking and therefore you can pave them in whichever pattern you want. They are however less durable than interlocking pavers.
- Type B: Interlocking paver blocks possessing alternating curved/corrugated and vertical faces.
- Type C: Interlocking pavers. All faces are either corrugated or curved.
- Type D: Interlocking, X and L-shaped blocks with all faces corrugated or curved.
Block Sizes & Patterns
Paver blocks are available in various sizes and shapes. The most common patterns are mentioned below.
- Simple and easy installation.
- Highly affordable
- Highly durable
- Easy to replace.
- Perfect for aesthetics
- Available in a wide range of shapes and sizes.
- Easy to Install and need little maintenance.
- Interlocking system.
- Eliminates cracking.
Triangle Shape Blocks
- Very common
- Popular for strength and long life
- Anti-dust and mud-free surroundings.
- Permits drainage of rainwater.
- Beautiful looks.
Square Shape Blocks
- Used for many applications.
- High durability
- Easy installation and cleaning.
- Easy to repair
- Interlocking Pavers.
Crown shape Blocks
- A popular material for walkways, parking lots, and apartments.
- Unique look because of its different design
- Anti cracking
- Clean and sleek.
F – Pending blocks
- F Pending blocks are used in the architectural design of commercial and residential properties.
- High durability
- Mostly used for footpaths, building compounds, and hotels
- Strong surface
- Interlocking system
Other patterns and shapes
- Behaton shape
- Kerbstone shape
Paver blocks are Multi-purpose
Whatever surface you are trying to build, paver blocks are sure to provide an aesthetically pleasing look to your outdoor space. You can impart a beautiful look to your patios or driveways with Block Paving Guildford as these blocks are available in a wide variety of sizes, colours, and designs. You can even use different colours to give a unique look to your outdoor surfaces.
Block paving is durable and lifelong
Block paving is a durable method of surfacing. The blocks do not break easily and can withstand traffic easily. Moreover, if one block breaks, you can easily replace that one without pulling apart your entire driveway. One has to make sure that the ground is perfectly levelled before surfacing it with paver blocks. With just a little maintenance, block paved surfaces can last for a lifetime.
- Thermal contraction or expansion does not affect concrete paver blocks.
- They do not require curing and can be used right after installation.
- The installation method is more labour intensive.
- Maintenance of surfaces is simple and easy. They remain unaffected by oil or fuel spillage.
- Different colour combinations can be used.
Cost of block paving
Your cost of Block Paving Hampshire depends on:
- The total area of the surface being covered such as patio or driveway.
- Type of blocks, concrete or clay.
- Design and colour of the blocks.
- Any ground preparation is required for laying block pavers.
Make sure to check out the quotes of a few companies before you decide which one to hire.