Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) recently launched a short film contest, namely Khushiyon Ka Aashiyana, which is open for all people above the age of 18.
The Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry invites applications for the PMAY film contest from PMAY – U beneficiaries, youths, students, members of the civil society and others to celebrate their six-year journey.
Here’s all you need to know about the PMAY urban film contest.
Implementation mechanism of PMAY (U) film contest
This short film contest is a part of Azadi ka Amrut Mahotsav. It is a celebration to commemorate 75 years of India’s independence. Mentioned below is the implementation mechanism of PMAY’s short film contest:
- Short films are invited from individuals on the PMAY list on the broad theme of transforming human lives in the urban landscape through PMAY during its six-year journey.
- The film contest is open for all Indian individuals above the age of 18. However, a few exceptions are associates and employees of MoHUA, the Urban Development Department of the State, and the Urban Local Body, regardless of their place of residence.
- State, UTs, SLTC, ULBs, and CLTC specialists will assist the contestants in selecting and identifying PMAY beneficiaries and shooting for the short film.
- The film must be in Hindi, English or any vernacular language.
- Only those films produced between 1 July 2021 at 10:00 AM IST – 15 September 2021 at 5:00 PM IST will be accepted.
- Each participant can submit only one entry at a time for the PM Awas Yojana film contest. If one tries to submit more than one entry, the first submitted will be considered. Also, if applicants try to submit more than one entry in a single cover, the entire application will be rejected.
Along with the various key benefits of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, there are certain cash prizes and certificates for winners. Find them below:
Certificate of participation
- Candidates will be able to download a certificate of participation after successful vetting and moderation by Union Territories and States.
- Candidates will receive SMS for certification and can download it from the official PMAY website.
Cash prize for winners
- The videos vetted and moderated by State and UTs will be sent to the MoHUA for evaluation and scrutiny for winner announcement.
- Winners will get a notification through SMS or email to download their certificate. They will further need to provide their bank details for cash prize transfer.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana will provide the cash prize to those who meet the eligibility parameters.
Key things that contestants should consider
Here are a few considerations that a contestant should look forward to. They are:
- Contestants need to register on the PMAY Urban mobile application. Contestants should not approach PMAY – U beneficiaries directly.
- If there is no CLTC specialist in the contestant’s area, they should contact the CLTC specialist of the nearby city.
- Contestants should fully abide by the terms and conditions of the contest.
It is evident that PMAY eases your way to becoming a homeowner. Now, with this unique initiative, individuals can reap several other cash benefits and get a chance to showcase their talents.
Moreover, individuals should also apply for home loan under this scheme with a reputed lender to reap most PMAY benefits.
Furthermore, certain renowned HFCs across the country provide pre-approved offers that streamline the application process. Such offers are available on various financial products like loan against property, home loans, etc. You can check your pre-approved offer by providing a few basic details.
The Awas Par Samvad is yet another PMAY initiative by the Ministry consisting of 75 seminars and workshops. Both the initiatives are a way to support the Prime Minister’s vision of ‘Housing for All’.