Being a teacher is one of the most challenging jobs any individual can have. Every teacher adds to a child’s growth and development in fundamental ways. Even though we spend many days learning from them, there is a special day exclusively reserved for them – Teacher’s Day. Students should celebrate this day with zeal to honor the mentors shaping their life.
What is Teachers’ Day?
Teacher’s Day is a special day dedicated to celebrating and appreciating teachers and their contributions. In Singapore, this day falls on the last Friday of Term 3. Students celebrate and show their gratitude by writing special messages or presenting their teachers with gifts and other tokens of their appreciation.
Ultimate Teacher’s Day Gift-Giving Guide
Gifting rules may differ from school to school, but usually, teachers can accept handmade or inexpensive gifts. The best Teachers Day gifts shouldn’t be expensive or generically store-bought but instead should be personalized, heartfelt, meaningful gifts that will surely be appreciated. The best gifts are heartfelt, and that is where personalization comes in – a simple card or mug that says, ‘Best Teacher Ever’ would bring a smile to your teacher’s face, making all the effort they put into teaching much more worthwhile.
And if you don’t have many gifting ideas that come to mind and want a unique gift for your teacher, here are some easy options.
Teachers Day Gift Ideas for Male Teachers
- Quirky Wall Signs – A humorous sign can be hung in the classroom to bring a smile or chuckle to your teacher’s face. It can even be something motivational or an appreciative quote.
- Whiteboard Markers – No teacher can ever have enough of these. It is the one thing they need all the time. You can also get customized markers with your teacher’s name on them.
- Personalized diary – This may sound generic, but engraving your teacher’s initials on a leather-bound diary is an excellent gift. You can make it even more special by getting the class or ex-students to write messages for the teacher.
- Homemade foodstuff – Bake some cookies, a pie or go for brownies, casseroles, pies, cupcakes and pastries, chocolate chip cookies, bagels, or donuts: everyone appreciates a nice treat for their effort.
- Hand sanitizer gels – This is a great gift, especially after the pandemic. People are more conscious about disinfecting and cleaning their hands. Hey, it doesn’t have to be boring, you can get an assortment of scented sanitizers, and your teacher can use them as they like.
Teachers’ Day Gift Ideas for Female Teachers
- Desk Caddy – to help them organize their stuff – you can choose various shapes, colors, and sizes.
- Customized Planners – are one of the most efficient gifts for a teacher. Personalize it with initials, a message, or a favorite quote, and try to get the class to sign it.
- DIY gifts – These memorable tokens are great gift ideas. You can try making beverage coasters, bird feeders, mirrors, boards, photo frames, photo books, etc. You will find many DIY videos online that can help you with these.
- A Personalized Scented Candle – Choose one with an excellent quote on it from a selection of varied fragrances and sizes.
- Stamped Teacher Keychain – This is the perfect token of appreciation and is the best way to commemorate the day.
- Custom Starbucks Tumbler – If your teacher is a coffee lover, get a reusable, venti-sized Starbucks cold coffee cup.
- Printed Mugs – This one is an oldie but a goldie. A cheery and vibrant design that screams pick me up will make this prized possession stand out in the pantry or teachers’ lounge. Get a quirky message or name printed on the mug.
Why Personalized Gifts for Teachers are Great?
Personalized gifts add meaning if they are well thought out and chosen carefully. It shows teachers just how much it means to you and makes the gift memorable. A simple engraving, motivational quote, or printed initials adds a personal touch and can transform a gift into a lasting, unique memory.
Why and When Do We Celebrate Teachers’ Day?
Teachers play a crucial and influential role in our lives: they are the people who shape us into who we become. From teaching us the very basics in life to the most technical skills that we end up learning, a teacher is with us every step of the way. Teaching is one of the most important jobs out there for it is teachers who impart the knowledge without which we cannot evolve and grow. They turn kids into good citizens by teaching them good values and are fundamental architects of society.
Teacher’s Day honors the greatness of teachers because without their help and support, there would be no progression in the world. Be it a local school or international school, primary school, or graduate school: teachers are forever guiding us on the right path.
Teachers Day Wishes, Messages, and Quotes
- Wishing the most inspiring and dedicated teacher a very Happy Teacher’s Day. Thanks for everything.
- Thanks for making me shine and believing in me. I owe you for my success… Happy Teacher’s Day.
- Thank you for being so selfless and pivotal in shaping me into who I am today. Happy Teacher’s Day to you.
- Thanks for being the key reason for my success…. Wishing you a Happy Teacher’s Day.
- I feel blessed to be under your care and supervision. Please accept my heartfelt wishes on this teacher’s day!
- Without you, I would never go this far in life. Thank you for always encouraging me to test my limits.
- You realized my potential way before I did, and I am forever grateful.
- Thank you for your persistence, compassion, and endless dedication. Happy Teachers’ Day to all the teachers!
- To the world’s best teacher, Happy Teachers Day! They don’t make them like you anymore.
- What I am today, I owe to you. Thank you for being the very best teacher!!
- Thank you for making me a good human being. Happy Teachers’ Day!
- Thank you for being my guiding light – even though you are far, you are my pole star.
- Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all (Aristotle)
- A good teacher is one who makes himself progressively unnecessary. (Thomas Carruthers)
- Only the educated are free (Epictetus)
- Education is the kindling of a flame, not the filling of a vessel (Socrates)
- Educate the children, and it won’t be necessary to punish the men (Pythagoras)
- The happy man is the one with a healthy body, a wealthy soul, and a well-educated nature (Thales)
- We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit (Aristotle)
A gift is a great way to make your teachers feel loved and appreciated. The fact that you took the effort and time to pick unique gifts or make some goodies for them will make them feel appreciated. Personalized and handmade gifts stand testament to the fact that actions speak louder than words. You are not just wishing them for the sake of doing so but acknowledging and appreciating their indispensable presence in your lives.
Regardless of the value of the gift, it is the thought that counts. Your appreciation and gratitude will not go unnoticed and will only motivate the teacher further to shape you into a great human being.
- Which year was the first Teachers’ Day celebrated?
The first Teachers’ Day was celebrated in 1957.
- What is the theme for teachers’ day 2022?
World Teachers’ Day in 2022 highlights their efforts during the pandemic and lockdown, which is why the day’s theme is “Teachers at the Heart of Education Recovery.”