According to Canada’s visa policy, the citizens of France do not have to obtain a Canada visa before traveling to CANADA VISA FOR FRENCH CITIZENS for tourism purposes. However, you do need to apply for a Canada ETA before your departure if you travel by air. There is one exception to the ETA requirement.
Canada Visa for the citizens of France – requirements
Fortunately, you only need the following:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Canada ETA unless you are a passport holder. But that is not all. The travel document needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada, so make sure to check your passport’s expiry date before you apply for your ETA.
- E-mail address – you need to provide iVisa.com with a valid address because the ETA confirmation is sent via e-mail in PDF format. While the ETA is electronically linked to your passport and you do not have to hold a physical FRENCH copy, most people prefer to print one out, just in case.
- Means of payment – an online application process requires that you make the payment online as well. To that effect, you need to have a valid method of payment. CANADA VISA FOR GERMAN CITIZENS accepts credit or debit cards. Whichever you find most convenient.
Canada Visa for the citizens of France – the online application form
As soon as you believe you are ready, you can access the application page and fill in the form. The task should not give you any headaches, but if you do need some help, do not hesitate to contact iVisa.com’s customer support. You can do that non-stop at no charge. iVisa.com’s form consists of three simple steps. The cost of your Canada ETA depends on the choice you make. You can opt for one of the following:
- Standard processing – if time is not an issue, you FRENCH can opt for the slowest and cheapest choice you have at hand. By choosing this option, your application FRENCH for a Canada ETA is processed within 24 hours, and the cost is USD $51.49.
- Rush processing – speeding things up a little, this option delivers your Canada ETA within just 4 hours. The cost, on the other hand, goes a little higher. You are charged USD $102.49.
- Super Rush processing – if you choose this option, you can apply for your Canada ETA on your way to the airport. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you are charged USD $143.49.
When you get to the second step, you have to cover the payment and review your form to make sure that it does not contain inaccurate information. If it does, your ETA will be invalid, and you have to repeat the process. You can avoid that if you pay attention when you do the revision.
The third step focuses on supporting documents. iVisa.com will ask you to upload them.
The bottom line is that while the citizens of France do not need a Canada visa, you must apply for a Canada ETA before your departure. The ETA is a document valid for 5 years after issued or until passport expires if that comes first. You can use it for Multiple Entry, and you can stay in Canada for up to 180 days Per Entry.
Yixi (Sophia) Li is the co-author of this article. In 2018, she founded Mainstay Immigration Law Firm and Yixi Li Legal Firm.