Spirit Airlines is famous for its low-cost tickets and many flights to fun holiday spots. But, because of how they set their prices, if you want to pick your seat or use other services, you’ll have to pay extra on top of your ticket.
Before you buy your ticket, here’s what you should understand about picking seats on Spirit Airlines. This includes the different types of seats you can choose from and how much they might add to your cost.
Spirit Airlines Seat Assignment
On Spirit Airlines, picking your seat usually comes with a cost because it’s an ultra-low-cost carrier. Most passengers need to pay for choosing seats on every part of their journey. However, if you have Free Spirit elite status, you’re in luck, you can select seats for free as one of the benefits of the program.
When you book your flight, you have options. You can pay for both seat selection and baggage together in a bundle. Alternatively, you can choose your seats one by one as an extra during booking or later on – even when you’re checking in.
Read Also: Spirit airlines seat selection
Spirit Airlines Seat Selection
Choosing the right seat can greatly improve your flight experience. Spirit Airlines offers various seat options to meet different passenger preferences and needs. Let’s look at the different types of seats you can choose from when flying with Spirit Airlines.
Spirit Airlines provides standard seats as the most common option. These seats offer sufficient comfort for most passengers and are available throughout the aircraft. While standard seats are free, you can choose specific standard seats for a fee, allowing you to secure a seat closer to the front or with extra legroom.
Big Front Seats
If you want more space and comfort, Spirit Airlines offers Big Front Seats, similar to business class seats on other airlines. These seats are located at the front of the aircraft and provide extra legroom, wider seats, and enhanced reclining. Although Big Front Seats come at a higher cost, the added comfort and convenience can be a worthwhile investment for longer flights or if you prefer more spacious seating.
Exit Row Seats
For passengers who prioritize legroom, Spirit Airlines offers exit-row seats. Positioned next to the emergency exits, these seats provide ample legroom for you to stretch out during your flight. However, keep in mind that selecting these seats comes with responsibilities, such as being physically capable of assisting in an emergency evacuation. Spirit Airlines may have specific eligibility requirements for passengers choosing exit row seats.
Read Also: Spirit Airlines Group Travel
How to Choose Your Seat on Spirit Airlines
Opting for your favored seat on Spirit Airlines is a direct process.
- Visit Spirit Airlines Website or Mobile App Go to the Spirit Airlines website or use their mobile app.
- Sign In or Enter Reserving Details Log in to your account or enter your booking details.
- Navigate to the” Manage Trip” or” My Trips” Section Look for the” Manage Travel” or” My Trips” section on the website or app.
- Select Your Upcoming Flight Find your upcoming flight and click on it.
- Choose Seat Selection Option Look for the seat selection option and click on it.
- Explore Available Seat Chart Explore the available seat chart and choose your seat.
- Pay Seat Selection Fee (if applicable) If there’s a seat selection fee based on the type of seat chosen, make the payment.
- Confirm Your Seat Selection Confirm your seat selection, and you are each set.
Remember to complete the seat selection process as soon as possible to increase your chances of getting your favorite seatRead Also: Spirit airlines baggage rules