20 C
New York
Saturday, May 25, 2024

How to Get an Employer-Sponsored Visa for Australia?

Working in Australia comes with many benefits. The growing economy, pension benefits, personal insurance, and great quality of life are just a few advantages of moving to Australia for work. Given the favourable working conditions, thousands of skilled individuals apply for work sponsorship visas to Australia with hopes of eventually settling down permanently. In this regard, the employer-sponsored visa can help you find the right job and settle in Australia.

What is an Employer-sponsored visa? How do you get it?

An employer-sponsored visa allows skilled immigrants nominated by an employer to work and live in Australia for an approved time. This way, international talent can ply their trade in Australia. However, finding an employer to sponsor your employment in Australia can be very difficult. In fact, more than 30% of vacant roles are not advertised in the usual media channels.

Here’s how you can tap into the hidden job market to transform your Australian dream into a reality.

  • Research on the sponsored visa opportunities

You will need to find employers who have advertised that they are looking to sponsor someone from overseas. Although hiring Australians is much easier and quicker, a suitably skilled local workforce is not always available. In such cases, companies will release advertisements seeking skilled individuals. These ads may not always be on the mainstream channels so ensure that you seek out independent media outlets and employ non-conventional methods too. Do your research and reach out to companies, big or small, about relevant job opportunities.

  • Enrol yourself in job boards

Search for job boards with consolidated information about the available roles in different companies and enrol yourself to get frequent updates. Check out their current listing and apply if interested.

  • Global companies

Research the companies that have branches in Australia and your home country. Find out whether they offer transfer opportunities. Before transferring to Australia, you might have to work in your home country for a while. In the long run, it’ll all be worth it.

  • Keep a record

Contact the human resources department or the talent acquisition manager on LinkedIn and express your interest in working for their organisation. Keep track of all the companies you are interested in and the people you have contacted. Follow up regularly to ensure you are taking advantage of all opportunities.

Employer-sponsored Australian Work Visas

Let us have a closer look at some of the Employer Sponsored work visas for Australia. This will help you understand the category you must apply under and whether you meet the basic eligibility criteria.

  1. Subclass 482 – Temporary Skill Shortage Visa

The Temporary Skilled Shortage Visa allows employers to sponsor skilled employees to work in Australia. Like the name suggests, this is on a temporary basis to meet any labour shortages in the absence of a skilled local workforce.

  • This visa supports over 500 skilled occupations
    • Depending on the occupation and contract, the duration ranges from 2 to 4 years
    • This increases to 5 years for holders of Hong Kong passports
    • A skill assessment test is required for a few occupations
    • Employer-sponsored visa 482 supports temporary residency
  1. Subclass 408 – Temporary Activities Visa

This visa allows you to undertake a specific task or work in Australia on a short-term basis.

  • This visa supports applicants who visit Australia temporarily for work-related projects
    • This visa supports temporary residency
    • Visa duration ranges from 3 months (shortest) up to 4 years (longest)
    • The Subclass 408 visa has provisions for the following:
      • Events endorsed by the Australian government (Up to 4 years)
      • Research activities (Up to 2 years)
      • Sports projects (Up to 2 years)
      • Entertainment work (Up to 2 years)
      • Religious work (Up to 2 years)
      • Staff exchanges (Up to 2 years)
      • Domestic helpers for foreign executives (Up to 2 years)
      • Superyacht crew (Up to 12 months)
      • Special programmes like cultural exchanges (12 months)
      • Invited participants to social events (Up to 3 months)
  1. Subclass 407 – Training Visa

The Subclass 407 visa allows individuals to travel to Australia for occupational training. The applicant must be sponsored to be eligible for this visa.

  • This visa supports full-time work and on-the-job training
    • Applicant must have an IELTS score equivalent to a 4.5 average
    • Visa duration can go up to 2 years
    • The employer must have a training plan
  1. Subclass 186 – Employer Nomination Scheme – (Direct Entry Stream)

The Subclass 186 Visa (Direct Entry Stream) allows an employer to sponsor a skilled worker to work and live in Australia permanently.

  • Applicant’s occupation must be on the eligible occupation list
    • They must have three years of relevant work experience
    • Must be less than 45 years unless exempted
    • Must pass skills assessment test
    • Applicant must have an IELTS score of at least 6 in each band
  1. Subclass 186 – Employer Nomination Scheme (Temporary Residence Transition Stream)

This visa allows holders of TSS and subclass 457 to be nominated by their employers for permanent residency in Australia.

  • The applicant must be a holder of subclass 457, 482 or related bridging visa A,B or C
    • Worked in the nominated occupation for three years
    • The employer must meet all the requirements of visa sponsorship obligations
    • The age of the applicant should be less than 45 years
    • Applicant must have an IELTS score of at least 6 in each band
  1. Subclass 186 – Employer Nomination Scheme (Labour Agreement Stream)

This subclass permits sponsored employees to live and work in Australia permanently if their employer is party to a labour agreement.

  • The applicant must be nominated by an employer who is part of a labour agreement
    • Must have the relevant skill set to perform the nominated task
    • Must pass a skills assessment test if required
    • Possess suitable English language skills and other attributes as mentioned in the labour agreement

Where Can I Find Migration Consultants in Melbourne?

Filing visa applications is a complex process, especially for Australian work visas. You will require professional help from migration consultants who have the experience of filing thousands of applications before.

If you are looking for some of the best visa consultants to help you with employer sponsored visas in Melbourne, Connect with Australia is the one for you. They have years of experience and thousands of success stories to their name. The team is well-versed with Australian immigration laws and will help you file your application in a hassle-free manner. For more information, you can call them on 0413 441 213 or email them at info@australianmigrationservices.com.au.

Uneeb Khan
Uneeb Khan
Uneeb Khan CEO at blogili.com. Have 4 years of experience in the websites field. Uneeb Khan is the premier and most trustworthy informer for technology, telecom, business, auto news, games review in World.

Related Articles

Stay Connected


Latest Articles