Boxing gloves and pads are the essential equipment of boxers and martial artists, but they’re not all created equal. With so many brands and types of boxing equipment out there, it can be hard to choose which ones will work best for you. Luckily, with these simple tips on choosing the right boxing gloves and pads, you’ll be on your way to becoming the best boxer you can be.
Which Type Of Boxing Gloves And Pads Are Right For You?
It’s important when you’re just starting out to choose boxing gloves and pads that will offer you the most protection. As you become more experienced, you can start to experiment with different types of gloves and pads to find what feels best for you.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing boxing gloves and pads.
- Boxing gloves should fit snugly but not too tight. They should allow your hands some movement.
- The padding on the inside of your glove should cover all three knuckles; if it doesn’t, try another pair.
- The padding on your glove should be thick enough to protect your knuckles but not so thick that it makes hitting awkward or difficult
- Always use a proper mouthguard.
- Use hand wraps to prevent injuries from impacting your wrists, fingers, and thumbs.
- Wrist guards are optional depending on the type of punching bag or speed bag you have access to and how many contacts you want with the equipment.
- Knee pads are good for people who want to spar without wearing shin guards. They also provide extra support when kicking heavy bags.
- Shin guards are mandatory for anyone sparring or practising low kicks, though long sleeves may suffice if you don’t plan on putting any power behind your punches.
Why Using High-Quality Protective Gear Is Important?
When you’re boxing, you’re throwing punches with a lot of force. If you’re not wearing gloves or pads that can absorb that impact, you’re putting yourself at risk for serious injury. That’s why it’s so important to choose high-quality boxing gloves and pads that will help keep you safe while you’re boxing.
For example, some gloves offer more padding than others. The amount of padding should be proportional to how hard you’re hitting. It should also be appropriate for your size (you want them big enough so they don’t feel tight when you put them on).
Other features to consider include whether the glove is open or closed fist, which hand it’s designed for (left or right), and if there are adjustable straps on the wrist.
Do You Need a High-Quality Boxing Gloves And Pads Set? Come to Sports Maxx
No matter what your boxing goals are, you need high-quality boxing gloves and pads to help you reach them. At Sports Maxx, you can find the perfect boxing gloves and pads for your needs with our wide selection.
Plus, our experts can help you choose the right size and style to ensure you get the most out of your boxing gear. So come by today and see us for all your boxing needs!