The process for registration of IRCTC agents is shown as a complicated task. However, it isn’t that complex. People looking forward to starting their travel agency journey in India need to be aware of key points before applying for the registration process. IRCTC stands for Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation representing authorized & official departments to manage Indian railways ticket booking operations.
What Does an IRCTC Agent Do
Indians often look at different travel agencies, individual vendors, organizations, and other authorized ticket-booking agencies. All these groups or individuals complete the process of IRCTC railway agents registration. It makes them eligible to complete different operational tasks on behalf of customers under the authorization of Indian Railways.
As an IRCTC agent, you will be responsible for:-
- Online ticketing to book train tickets for different classifications like Sleeper Class, AC 2 Tier, AC 3 Tier, and AC 1 Tier. Also, verify the seat availability and complete the process of online payments.
- Agents will be eligible to book through IRCTC e-ticketing using the website & customer mobile. E-tickets provide unique PNR numbers to identify the passengers.
- Authorized agents can book tickets under the Tatkal ticketing scheme in case of short-notice emergencies. Mostly, tatkal tickets can be booked one day before within a specified time frame for agents, like 11:15 AM onwards for sleeper & 10:15 onwards for AC class.
- IRCTC promotes a booking system using an RDS wallet for a convenient payment system. Agents can book tickets with this process.
- Lastly, agents can assist users with cancellations & refunds through portals.
In this blog, we will highlight some points regarding the best IRCTC agent provider & essential documents for registration as an agent.
Main Documents Required to Become an Agent
IRCTC officials share the list of mandatory documents required to make any individual or group become an IRCTC-authorized agent.
- Recent passport-size photographs with colorful print with standard image resolution
- Proof of Identity: A valid government-issued identity document with an attached photograph like a PAN card, passport, Aadhaar card, and voter ID card
- Proof of Residence or Address Proof: Any government issues valid documents representing the residential address like an Aadhar card, passport, and Voter ID card
- Unique E-mail ID that was previously never validated in the IRCTC portal & unique mobile number for OTP login access
- File a declaration form 5 given by IRCTC principal service provider; it requires to be duly signed & stamped by the applicant agent
- Permanent Account Number or PAN card that needs to be unique & never registered under the portal before
- Authentic bank account details, including IFSC code, branch name, account number, etc. It secures future payments for agents
- If you are applying for an IRCTC agent as a business, show a valid registration certificate for verification
- Being a company, agents need to show their authentic documentation like company directors’ KYC, Board Resolution, Article of Association & Memorandum of Association
Structural Flow of IRCTC Agent Registration Process
There is a procedure outlined by the IRCTC authorized officials to make agents with certain steps:-
- Meeting all the eligibility criteria outlined on the IRCTC website for becoming an authorized agent.
- Assemble all the above-mentioned documents along with other additional documents if applicable by IRCTC
- Fill up the complete agent registration form & take a printout of a PDF document
- An additional declaration form is required to be filled out to agree upon certain terms & conditions, read carefully & sign the declaration. Also, add any supporting documents if the officials ask for specific reasons.
- Make the payment to IRCTC’s Principal service provider to complete the process
- Application approval will take a stipulated time for complete background checking & verification
- For the best IRCTC agent provider, there is a training program inserted at the agent portal to learn ticket bookings.
After the application is approved by authorities, IRCTC PSP will dispatch the IRCTC Agency registration certificate that should be pasted under the office premises, where an agent will book the tickets.
Perks & Benefits: An IRCTC-authorized agent will get the list of benefits that make it the efficient choice of business. They will enjoy the commission with every customer booking & more money will be earned through bulk bookings. Also, it brings them a wide range of travelers information to expand their business; it can build more credibility & trust among users to assign bookings under authorized partners. Access to an online booking system and software, along with training support, is also provided.
Anyone can be an IRCTC agent, whether they are corporates, individuals, companies, shop vendors, or students. They are required to be eligible to pass all the checklists to become authorized agents. Indians are fond of traveling, and it comes out as the evergreen business idea to earn high commissions with more bookings. Also, learning all the procedures with training modules is too easy.
Follow the simple process of registration of IRCTC agents to begin the journey of the agency. There are popular platforms present to make the process simple & fast for users, like Si Online.