Are you starting an online business? Forget everything and concentrate on designing and developing a business website.
Why, you ask?
The most valuable asset for any online business is its website. Think of it as a digital storefront. All the information about your brand and offerings is mentioned here, which allows potential customers to find what they need. If the website fails to impress, people might not purchase your products or sign up for services. As such, the website’s importance cannot be understated.
When approaching the decision of designing a website for your business, there are basically two options – template and custom websites. As a reliable web design company in London, Nhance Digital will walk you through the two options so you can make a knowledgeable decision.
Template website design
Template-based website design involves the use of pre-made designs that can be modified to match your brand. Templates offer a time-efficient and cost-effective solution because they are ready-made.
Templates often come with in-built functionality and responsive design, ensuring compatibility across devices. These templates are designed with specific industries in mind, such as healthcare, construction, eCommerce, etc.
The benefits of template-based website designs are:
- Templates are pre-tested for responsiveness and functionality, saving time and effort in the development process.
- Suitable for small businesses with limited budgets and time constraints.
- A wide variety of templates are available, which can be tweaked to suit your brand.
The disadvantages of template-based website designs are:
- The templates are not made specifically for your brand/business. Hence, you might find many different businesses using the same design template for their website.
- Website design templates lack flexibility and cannot accommodate business growth and scalability.
Custom website design
Custom website design involves designing and developing a website from scratch, personalising it to meet the brand’s specific brand identity and requirements. Custom designs let brands have complete control over the user experience, appearance and functionality of the website.
Choosing a custom website design means unlimited creativity and designing a website that truly represents and reflects your brand’s personality. Also, it offers scalability, flexibility and the ability to integrate advanced functionalities and features that are specific to your business.
The benefits of custom website design are:
- The designs are unique and specifically tailored to your brand. They are completely different from anything else on the Internet, and this gives you a competitive edge.
- The design is flexible and built with future needs in mind. The website design can be customised and tweaked in the future for scalability.
- The website’s design can be optimised for specific conversion goals.
The only drawback of choosing a custom website design is that it is expensive and time-consuming. Also, you must be more involved in the design process.
The bottom line
The final decision is yours. You must consider your budget and how much time you have to market your website to choose between a template and a custom website design.