Obesity is the medical term for chronic diseases that threatens your health and requires long-term management. Many people around us experience severe weight gain issues and get prone to many serious health conditions. After the constant diet, they feel weight loss after a long period of time. These surgical procedures have gained wide versatility and proved to be fruitful procedures for weight loss. They are performed by qualified surgeons so visit us and know Which Bariatric Surgery is Best for Weight Loss and Why.
What is Bariatric Surgery?
This surgery is among the best and most versatile procedure that is done for weight loss. Bariatric surgery comprises several weight loss procedures.
Who is an Ideal Candidate for Weight Loss Surgery?
Weight loss surgeries have proven effective procedures for weight loss. Bariatric surgery also known as metabolic surgery is use for weight reduction. In this procedure altering your digestive system or appetite. You may be an ideal candidate for weight loss if you follow the below criteria
- The candidate must be obese and suffering from health issues caused due to obesity such as cardiovascular disorders or type 2 diabetes.
- You should have BMI greater than 35.
- If you have a strong desire for weight loss.
- You must have planned to take a balanced diet after surgery.
- You must promise yourself to change your lifestyle to keep the weight off.
- This weight loss surgery is only suitable for adults. Besides reducing weight it improves the quality of life by treating many serious health problems.
What are the Procedures for Bariatric Surgery?
The common Bariatric surgery/weight loss procedures are enlisted below. Each procedure has its own benefits and side effects. Not each procedure is appropriate for everyone. For this reason, your bariatric surgeon will see your medical history and work to determine which procedure is best for you.
- Gastric bypass
- Sleeve gastrectomy
- Adjustable gastric bands
- Biliopancreatic diversion
- Gastric Bypass
It is an effective procedure for weight loss that reduces your stomach size and restricts the intake of calories and fats through diet.
How does it Work?
The stomach is cut into a small pouch about the size of an egg. The other larger part is bypassed and reduces the intake of calories. The small intestine is divided and then attaches to the small gastric pouch which gives a direct passage for food to pass. It makes a shortcut for food without entering all digestive parts. In this way, it lowers the intake of calories and helps in weight loss.
- It is termed a reliable and effective weight loss procedure.
- Treats all obesity-related health conditions.
- Standardize technique.
- It is a relatively more complex procedure and can cause nutritional deficiencies.
- Increase the risk of bowel obstruction,
- It may cause feelings of sickness and fatigue after eating a meal.
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
This is a safe and sound procedure. Doctors remove half of the stomach.
How Does it Work?
In this weight loss procedure, 80% of the stomach is removed which holds less food and liquid taken. This decreases the capacity of the stomach, the person gets full after eating some meal and does not feel much hunger. The simple nature of this surgery makes it a safe procedure and reduces the risk of complications in the digestive tract.
- Its not very time taking surgery.
- Performed in patients with severe health conditions.
- The process is reversible.
- It can cause pyrosis and other onset reflux.
- Less impact on metabolism as compared to other surgeries.
- Adjustable Gastric Bands
This method uses a device made up of silicone to limit the consumption of food.
How Does it Work?
A small inflated band is placed in the stomach that divides it into two sections. This device is place in the upper stomach. Patients feel full and eat less. It is best for those people who want to regain weight after surgery.
- This procedure is not very painful.
- It is a reversible process.
- It is a less complex procedure and saves the body from nutritional deficiencies.
- Slow and less weight loss procedure.
- There is a risk of band movement that can cause damage to the stomach.
- It can cause problems with swallowing and the esophagus.
Which Weight Loss Surgery is the Best?
The ideal weight loss surgery depends on the age, health of the person, and chemistry of the body. Make sure to visit experts for weight loss surgery. You should see your specialist, discuss all the pros and cons and discuss which surgery is best for you.
In a nutshell, there are many successful cost-effective procedures for weight loss. You can make yourself slim and smart by opting for weight loss surgery. These surgeries are best for those who desire to lose weight and promise to make their lifestyle better. After surgery to make the weight loss constant is a big challenge for the candidates. They should go for weight loss procedures and improve the quality of their life.