Before we move ahead to know about skin tags for dogs let us first know what exactly skin tags are. Skin tags are usually benign growths on the surface of the skin which is very much common among dogs so, if you are wondering can dogs can get skin tags and then answer to this is yes.
They are usually found in older animals and medical science has various terms which can describe skin tags like acrochordon, fibrovascular papilloma, etc. Skin Tags vary in size and shape but we have seen that often they are long and thin. It can be anywhere on the body of the dog but commonly it is found near the areas such as head, neck, chest, etc.
Cause of Skin Tags on Dogs
There is no specific answer to what causes skin tags on dogs as this problem has not been fully understood by people. But the skin tags often get formed in areas where there is friction like –
- Arm pit
- Chest (chest rubs to the ground when the dogs lie down on the floor)
- Mammary glands or abdomen
So, we can have a wild guess that too much friction on body parts might be causing this issue for the dogs.
Signs of Changing Dog Tags –
While, dog tags are usually harmless but change in their size and appearances can be a serious condition. If you see any of the changes in the skin tags of your dog then we recommend that you immediately need to see a vet.
- Any changes in the size and the colour of skin tags.
- If the skin tags starts bleeding or starts developing a discharge.
- If the dog seems to be in pain because of the tags.
- If your dog is licking the area excessively or is scribing it too much.
- If there are new skin tags forming at the same area on the body of the dog.
As owners you must never try to remove the skin tags on dogs at home instead you are suppose to take your pet to a good vet who can check the tags and give proper treatment to your dog. For more information regarding skin tags or other problems related to dogs you can anytime refer to the site Worldzo.net where you will beneficial articles which will help you to deal with the issues.