Nag Tibba Trek is a thrilling weekend summit trek out of Mussoorie. It is the highest summit trek in Nag Tibba range of Garhwal Himalayas of 9806 ft. From this point, one can see a 100 degree view of Himalayas like Swargrohini, Bandarpoonch, Kala Nag, Srikantha and Gangotri covered in snow. In the north direction one can witness the peak of Kedarnath, Doon Valley, and snow-capped peak of Changbang.
As one climbs from one edge and descends from another edge, he/she can experience a variation of landscapes. The trek passes through dense forests, clearings and ridge walk.
This rarely known place near Mussoorie is a good place for trekking especially for trekkers. It is a great place for beginners to start their trekking journey.
Best Time to visit
As the trek is located in the lesser Himalayas region, the destination can be visited any time of the year. But still, the best time one can visit the place is in 2 seasons, i.e. in summers: April to June and in winters: October to December to feel some chills and trek through snow.
If you Like trekking than you you checkout, treks in Pune also. Pune has many wonderful treks.
Nag Tibba Trek is one of the best trekking places near Delhi. The trek is welcoming for everyone. The best route for the trek is mentioned below.
Duration (Delhi to Nag Tibba Trek): 4 Nights and 3 Days
Journey Map: Delhi to Mussoorie to Pantwari to Nag Tibba base camp to Nag Tibba summit to Pantwari to Delhi
Trek Route: Pantwari to Nag Tibba base camp to Nag Tibba summit to Pantwari
Easy and charismatic journey to Nag Tibba Trek.
Beginning: An overnight journey from Delhi to Mussoorie.
Distance to be travelled – 325 km
Travel time – 8 hours
Day 1: In Mussoorie
Highlights – sightseeing and overnight stay.
Visiting Places – Kempty falls, Gun Hill Point, Company Garden and Jharipani Falls are some places to visit in Mussoorie.
Stays – JW Marriott Mussoorie Walnut Grove Resort, Jaypee Residency, Sterling Mussoorie and Royal Orchid Fort Resort are some of the best hotels/ resorts to stay in.
Day 2: Drive to Pantwari and trek to base camp.
Highlights – Check out after breakfast, drive to Pantwari, trek to the camp, bonfire and dinner and overnight stay.
Altitude – 2600 m above the sea level.
Map – Mussoorie to Pantwari to Nag Tibba base camp
Distance and time (Mussoorie to Pantwari) – 25km and 2.5 hours
Trek distance and time (Pantwari to base camp) – 7km and 5 hours
Day 3: Trek to Nag Tibba Summit.
Highlights – Breakfast, trek to summit, descend to base camp, lunch, descend to Pantwari and drive to Delhi.
Altitude – 3050m above sea level.
Map -Base camp to summit to base camp to Pantwari to Delhi
Trek distance and time (base camp to summit) – 3km and 2 hours
Trek distance and time (summit to Pantwari) – 10km and 8 hours
Distance (Pantwari to Delhi) – 335km
Travel time – 9 hours
What not to miss-
Now once the trek starts, don’t miss out especially these 2 things-
1) Sunset view from campsite- we all know sunsets are beautiful, but sunsets in the Himalayas are different. It appears as if snow-capped mountains are emitting orange light from behind. The scene makes the campsite look more mesmerizing and romantic.
2) Bhatwadi Village- in the beginning of descending, one will reach Bhatwadi Village. A picturesque valley is encircling the village making it one the most beautiful valley. One will witness a clearing known as Moriana which will make the scenery look like heaven with a stream on one side and shepherds’ huts on the other along with forests’ enclosure and farms.
Do keep in mind the tips mentioned below.
· Choose comfortable shoes.
· Carry extra socks.
· Use walking poles while climbing and descending.
· Hydrate during the trek.
· Stay energetic by eating meals, snacks and energy bars.
4000-5000 INR excluding personal expenses and hotel stay on day 1.
Hotel stay expenses depend on selection of hotel/resort of choice.
FAQ About the trek–
Q) What should one carry on the trek?
Ans) Things to carry-
· Change of clothes (including thermals and woollens)
· Trekking gears including shoes, poles, pants etc.
· Medical kit
· Sunscreen, cap
· Torch with extra batteries
· Water bottle and ready to eat food
Q) Are washrooms present on campsites?
Ans) Yes, both Western and Indian washrooms with running water are present at the campsite.
Q) Some advice before trek?
Ans) Advices for trek are-
· Do not litter
· Listen to the instructions given by the trek leader.
· Internet and network connections are pretty bad.
· Inform family prior to trek.
· Take care of personal belongings.
· Trekking to the summit depends on the weather.
Checkout: More Awesome Content