Nobody wants to face the loss, especially the unaccompanied loss of their loved ones. You must be curious to know what is unattended loss or death. Well, an unattended death takes place in the absence of anyone near the deceased. Under such scenarios, we can just presume the situations that might have caused the death. It could be a cardiac arrest, fall from height, or snake bite. Having a post-mortem can help you roughly analyze the reason for the death. Moreover, such deaths bring about lots of tension among the family member. This calls for the dire need for death or crime scene cleanup services.
Death Cleanup Experts
Nobody can psychologically or emotionally prepare for an unexpected loss. The situation worsens when the deceased is alone. Cleaning a loved one’s house is one of the terrible realities that come with death. After such a distressing tragedy, families require the assistance of a reputable and knowledgeable business like Anubis Hazmat.
Unattended death cleanup specialists clean, sanitize, and revitalize the affected area to restore the building to a secure, inhabitable state. External assistance becomes the ultimate need of the situation as it is tough for the family to deal with large amounts of blood and bodily fluids. Moreover, they may contain dangerous bloodborne infections, including hepatitis B, HIV, hepatitis C, and MRSA, and can worsen these situations. It is essential to promptly and safely clean and sanitizes homes to assist families in beginning the healing process after a catastrophe.
Then there comes a scientific term called bioremediation. It could seem like routine cleaning to some people. In actuality, it refers to clearing impacted regions of blood, bodily fluids, and other potentially hazardous germs following a fatality, an accident, or an epidemic of an infectious disease. Cleaning house after an unattended death is a specialized service needing the proper training, tools, certification, and license due to the significant exposure to bloodborne diseases.
Examples of common types of unattended deaths include:
- Natural causes
- Fatal diseases or illnesses
Cleaning Up After An Unattended Death
A family cannot mentally prepare for an unexpected loss, which also comes with some challenging facts regarding the need to clean up the impacted places. There is more to it than just tidying up the space; it is not safe to merely scour floors or discard harmed goods.
The natural decomposition process starts quite fast when someone passes away, and potentially dangerous microorganisms are released into the afflicted area. Bacteria cause an unattended death odor. It’s crucial to take into account:
- Any porous material, such as wood, drywall, carpet, or concrete, will be absorbed bodily fluids. You should never try to clean porous materials because of this. You can get these things appropriately disposed of by a bioremediation business.
- Depending on the deceased person’s health, there is a chance of coming into touch with bloodborne diseases.
- A home can become uninhabitable with just a modest amount of untreated biological material.
- Although decomposition is entirely normal, it cannot be adequately cleaned, sanitized, or disinfected in situations where people have been decomposing.
- Always wear personal protective equipment (PPE) during such incidents cleanup. The kit includes coveralls, respirators, disposable gloves, goggles, and safety shoes.
- Clean up the recyclable equipment. Equipment used in the cleanup must be thoroughly cleaned with a solution that has a broad-spectrum kill claim before being allowed to air dry.
- Grab some biohazard bags. When disposing of contaminated things, use clearly designated biohazard bags that can be shut tightly.
- Use a certified disinfectant with a broad spectrum kill claim to clean out the apartment after the death of the afflicted region. Follow the directions and avoid combining the solution with other cleaning agents.
- Seek emergency medical assistance if any portion of the body is exposed. Make sure to rinse any exposed parts thoroughly, and if a wound or cut is visible, consult a doctor immediately.
Anubis Hazmat Death Cleanup Services
Working regularly with families, businesses, and communities, Anubis Hazmat is a national industry leader in biohazard remediation and decomposition cleaning. They employ a unique disinfection technique, have more than 23 regional and mobile offices allowing quick emergency response, and are completely insured. They also provide a Certificate of Treatment (COT), which certifies that a site has been remediated and is no longer contaminated.
Working regularly with families, businesses, and communities, Anubis Hazmat is a national industry leader in biohazard remediation and decomposition cleaning. They employ a unique disinfection technique, have more than 23 regional and mobile offices allowing quick emergency response, and are completely insured. They also provide a Certificate of Treatment (COT), which certifies that a site has been cleaned up and is no longer contaminated.