Fort Worth is a great city. Home of the Stockyards, Sundance Square, Billy Bob’s and several other attractions for tourists, as well as locals. Sometimes these more culturally or historically significant attractions can make us Texans forget about the simple things. As a resident of the DFW area, one of my favorite activities when I visit Fort Worth is to get a professional facial. I usually go to the same place every time. I decided to do a little research on the different types of facials available at my favorite spa.
First of all, if you have never had one, a facial is a great way to rejuvenate skin, scruff off dead skin, and boost the beautiful glow that is hiding below that top layer of skin. No matter what protectants you may use to safeguard your face from the harsh chemicals and environmental poisons present in our world, some damage is unavoidable. This is why receiving regular facials are so beneficial, as they awaken the skin, pamper it, and make it beautiful and healthy again. If you are a novice to facials, however, you mind may be spinning at all of the different types of facials you can get. This is why we drafted this overview of the most popular facials in Fort Worth, to help you figure out just where to start on your journey to healthier skin.
1. Basic Facial: The most base of hydrafacial before and after is a good starter facial as it addresses normal skin that is not too dry or oily and isn’t overly sensitive to certain factors or ingredients. It is also the least expensive of facials, so if you are not sure whether or not you will like facials, it is your best bet. In a basic facial, you will receive a cleansing of your skin, a steam, and then a follow up massage to stimulate your pores.
2. AHA Facials: AHA stands for Alpha Hydroxy Acid and a facial of this type uses the anti-aging processes of flowers and plants-which contain scores of AHA-to rejuvenate the skin and make it look youthful and renewed. While the process of all specialized facials-such as this one-incorporates the same cleanse, steam, and massage protocol; in this instance, a special topical cream is applied that offers the benefits of AHA. The best candidates for an AHA facial are those who are worried about the signs of aging and wrinkles, may have pigmented skin, or just want skin to look healthier.
3. Anti-Oxidant Facials: The same cancer-fighting anti oxidants that are beneficial to eat-found in blueberries and the like-can help protect the skin from the same cancer-causing free radicals in the environment. In an anti-oxidant facial, different face creams built with potent scores of antioxidant vitamins are used on the face to remove pollutants, cleanse, and protect the face from future harm. The best candidates for these facials are those who spend a lot of time outdoors for work or play.
4. Acne Facials: While teenagers are most prone to acne conditions in their skin, adult acne is also very common. This said, many people regularly receive acne facials. These treatments offer thorough cleansing, an enzyme or glycolic acid exfoliation, a vapor mist, deep pore pimple extractions, and an anti-acne anti-inflammatory facial mask.
5. Collagen Facials: Another popular facial to get at a spa is a collagen facial. These facials offer treatment for those looking to prevent wrinkles, dark under eye circles, and any other damage that might be incurred through the sun and pollutants. Collagen facials have a series of pampering steps that begins with cleansing, exfoliation, a vapor mist, then one to pore cleansing, lymphatic massage, and a masque applied over the central ingredient of collagen.