If you’re looking to prep some healthy meals, there are a few things you should know. First and foremost, it doesn’t have to be difficult or time-consuming to plan healthy meals – here are 3 easy and delicious recipes for meal prep success! Then, learn how to choose the right equipment to make sure you’re making things as convenient as possible while still getting great results! Finally, here’s what you need to know about storing your freshly prepped meals so they stay as fresh and delicious as possible until mealtime!
Meal prepping can be daunting, especially if you don’t know where to start. But it doesn’t have to be hard! If you’re new to this whole idea of meal prepping, here are a few tips I’ve learned over the years that will hopefully make your life a little easier.
1) Plan ahead by finding out what your grocery store has on sale or in season so that you can cook in bulk and get multiple meals from one recipe. For example, if peas are on sale, stock up on as many bags as you can because they freeze well.
2) Prep your veggies first: chop them up into small pieces so that they take less time to cook while also saving space in the freezer. Make sure to use produce before its expiration date.
3) When cooking meats and other proteins, I recommend cutting off any excess fat or skin from the meat before cooking it and adding salt early on in the process since that helps break down muscle fibers which make for more tender meat later on.
4) When making sauce-based dishes like pasta sauce, chili, curry and so forth, make sure not to put too much water at once when starting a pot of soup because there might not be enough room for all the other ingredients needed later on in the process.
If you are not sure what you want to cook here’s a list of restaurants, you can try out on New year with your loved ones.
2) Recipe 1 – Spicy Southwest Chicken
Combine honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and Sriracha in a bowl. Pour this over the salmon before baking it in the oven. Let it cook for 30 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork. Serve with rice or pasta to round out your meal.
Start by combining honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and Sriracha in a bowl. Pour this over the salmon before baking it in the oven. Let it cook for 30 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork. Serve with rice or pasta to round out your meal! Recipe Avocado Ranch Dip: Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, sour cream and chives together in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Mash the avocado with lemon juice until smooth then mix with the other ingredients. Stir together then refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. Serve with chips or celery sticks as desired. Start by combining sour cream, mayonnaise, sour cream, and chives together in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3) Recipe 2 – Honey Sesame Salmon
The honey sesame sauce is an amazing way to add flavor to a simple dish like salmon. Add the sauce just before you are ready to serve it so that the sesame seeds don’t burn.
Heat a large skillet with olive oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Pat salmon dry with paper towels, then season both sides of the fillets with salt and pepper. Place salmon in skillet skin-side down; cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom, then turn over and cook another 5 minutes or until cooked through (fish will be very delicate). Remove from pan and place skin-side up on a plate.
Top each fillet with 2 tablespoons of Honey Sesame Sauce and sprinkle with crushed cashews, chopped scallions, fresh cilantro leaves, lime wedges, and rice vinegar. Serve immediately. Recipe for meal prep 3 – Chicken Alfredo: It doesn’t get any easier than this! A few simple ingredients come together to make this comforting dinner dish taste oh-so-good! All it takes is chopping vegetables, cooking pasta shells according to package instructions, boiling water for the Alfredo sauce mix, and melting butter in a pot on low/medium heat setting.
Pour your Alfredo sauce into a bowl, whisking constantly while pouring in eggs and whipping them into the mixture as well. Pour your mixture back into the pot, stirring occasionally. Once your pasta has boiled and drained completely, remove them from the colander with tongs or your hands. Add them to a baking dish and pour your sauce over top of them evenly.
Sprinkle shredded parmesan cheese on top if desired too! Stir everything together gently with a spoon or fork – this will keep some cheese from sinking to the bottom layer. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes or until heated through and bubbling around the edges
Sweet Snacks – If you don’t want to make your meal
Are you looking for a quick and easy snack that will tide you over until your next meal? Sweet snacks are the perfect solution. They’re portable, convenient, and filling – just what you need when time is tight.
Here are four of our favorite sweet snacks:
- Chocolate-covered pretzels: These sinfully delicious bites combine the satisfying crunch of pretzels with the rich chocolate flavor that’s sure to satisfy your cravings. We recommend eating them as part of a healthy pre-workout snack or on an afternoon break to keep energy levels high throughout the day.
- Roasted nuts: Nuts are a great source of protein, fiber, and antioxidants – perfect for adding some healthy fats to your diet. Just be sure not to eat too many at once; they can cause intestinal problems if consumed in large quantities.
- Chewy candy bars: Candy bars have always been one of our favorites because they’re so versatile – they can be eaten any time during the day, whether it’s as part of breakfast or dessert! Plus, who doesn’t love something sweet after dinner?
- Soft chewy fruit, sweets: Fruit flavors tend to be more refreshing than sugar-coated versions and aren’t as heavy on calorie count. If weight loss is one goal that you hope to achieve by incorporating healthy snacks into your diet, these types might just be what you’re looking for (although we wouldn’t recommend consuming them every single day).